Need a World Map

Started by miketr, July 27, 2011, 06:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desertfox

Well I did suggest a Central American NPC. I prefer to deal with an established country in the area than to blitz down, it would make a very nice trading partner.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

miketr

Quote from: Sachmle on August 02, 2011, 09:59:53 AM
There was a suggestion, and minimal discussion, I think, on having an independent Montenegro so Austria and Byzantium don't have a land border. I'm in favor of this if you're OK with it Mike.

If you really want it Sam no problem my only thought is there is no way for us to fight down that narrow strip as is.  We share a border in name only.

Michael

Carthaginian

Quote from: Desertfox on August 02, 2011, 11:38:52 AM
Well I did suggest a Central American NPC. I prefer to deal with an established country in the area than to blitz down, it would make a very nice trading partner puppet state.

Fixed. ;) 8)
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

miketr

miketr

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5950/worldmapv3.png

Just need to do the Asian NPC's to the standard NPC color.  Anything else people would like?

Michael

Darman

There's one tiny detail you overlooked, but it can be forgiven:  NERF light blue only covers the Northeast US and Southeast Canada, when it really should be covering all the world's landmass.....  ;D

Ithekro

Can we get a color correction for Korea to be a PC rather than NPC?

Sachmle

Quote from: miketr on August 02, 2011, 11:46:57 AM
Quote from: Sachmle on August 02, 2011, 09:59:53 AM
There was a suggestion, and minimal discussion, I think, on having an independent Montenegro so Austria and Byzantium don't have a land border. I'm in favor of this if you're OK with it Mike.

If you really want it Sam no problem my only thought is there is no way for us to fight down that narrow strip as is.  We share a border in name only.

Michael

Suppose that is true. I wasn't thinking about it from your logistic standpoint, just mine, but I see you'd have the same issue taking Dalmatia as I'd have defending it..no where to move.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

miketr

Only way for me to attack up there at all would be using sea lift and that means could only be a few miles from shore.  Its a nightmare from a logistic point of view for either of us to try to attack down.  Going up the Danube, which means THROUGH Serbia is the only logical attack point.

Michael 

miketr

Desertfox

May I suggest a slight change to the Central American NPCs? This would just be to help me make a more coherent backstory for Mexico.

Red would be the Republic of Yucatan, Peach the Confederation of Central America, Yellow not sure which one, probably the Confederation. 

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/ReneJr/worldmapv4-Copy.png

Sachmle

So you want to go from one mild/nearly weak NPC to 2 feeble/very weak NPCs as your southern neighbors? Hmmm...seems overtly advantageous to you.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

snip

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Desertfox

I just visited the area this summer, and I can tell you that it won't matter if its one NPC or ten, all that will matter will be the PCs that will be involved. Internal communications in the area are non-existant, so the Confederation is a confederation in name only. That's the reason why all the union attempts failed in the area in OTL.

Sachmle

Quote from: Desertfox on August 07, 2011, 06:42:06 PM
Internal communications in the area are non-existant, so the Confederation is a confederation in name only. That's the reason why all the union attempts failed in the area in OTL.
Thank God this isn't OTL then.
Otto von Bismarck

Kaiser Wilhelm