Need a World Map

Started by miketr, July 27, 2011, 06:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexanCowboy

Foxy is correct. There's absolutely no feasible way for a single confederation to exist there without, in practice, being two seperate nations. See "The Penguin History of Latin America" for more details.

Tanthalas

Quote from: TexanCowboy on August 07, 2011, 06:59:01 PM
Foxy is correct. There's absolutely no feasible way for a single confederation to exist there without, in practice, being two seperate nations. See "The Penguin History of Latin America" for more details.

OTL history is more or less worthless outside it demonstrating what is more or less technologicly possible, however given the general tenor of your recent posts im not surprised you would come out in support of somthing proposed by DF.  I cast my Vote with sam and Snip for what its worth (which just like your vote and DFs proposal is exactly nothing as the mods have already made the Decision)
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

TexanCowboy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHTRRR3R2wA&feature=player_embedded

This video has ultamite swagger.

I mean, there's no way it's possible unless you rearrange the climate and the landscape. There's a reason the Urals served a massive barrier between communication for Russia, and it's the same way for Central America. There are no passes clearable, really, and one of the central tenants of the sim is "No altering of physical geography"

Carthaginian

Too damn convenient from Mexico.
No way.
The point of having the Federal Republic of Central America was to ensure that no one nation could simply waltz in and command the Canal Zone without at least some degree of a fight to 'earn it.' Reducing it to two or three little nations would make it too weak and too easily abused.
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

TexanCowboy

That's what Tejas is for...

Desertfox

Heard of the Walker Expedition to Nicaragua? One, two, three, or ten countries, if I or anyone else wants to waltz in and take a piece, I/they'll be able to take it. Only PCs and the bigger NPCs will be able to protect it from being abused.

"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Carthaginian

Quote from: Desertfox on August 07, 2011, 08:37:49 PM
Heard of the Walker Expedition to Nicaragua?

Oh, THAT colossal failure, which produced absolutely nothing but a dead Tennessean and a free Central American nation? Why, yes... I know PRECISELY who William Walker was- a tin-plated dictator with delusions of adequacy who failed at creating a country to lord over THREE TIMES?
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

TexanCowboy

This has got to be the stupidest arguement on record here.

Does it really matter?

Desertfox

Not really...

And considering I was the one that suggested that all the Central American countries be consolidated in the first place... It's not like I'm looking for an advantage, and remember that we have mods to step in to stop abuses...
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

ctwaterman

*slaps forehead*....

Guys controlling any 1 of the 3 proposed or possible Canal Zones is problamatic.  France tried historicall to build the Canal and Failed.  It cost to much, time, money, and manpower to complete.  Only the US with a larger and stronge economy, some advances in medicine and medical practices and a herculean effort and huge amounts of money could build the Panama Canal.

So in essence who want to poor their economy into building the Canal for what 10 Years.  ?????
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Ithekro

With the likely economies we have and the setup, there likely will never be a canal.  There is not enough legitimate trade, not a large enough coast to coast naval power...and there are no global Empires.

miketr

Quote from: Ithekro on August 07, 2011, 10:19:28 PM
With the likely economies we have and the setup, there likely will never be a canal.  There is not enough legitimate trade, not a large enough coast to coast naval power...and there are no global Empires.

Right now there are no global Empires but that will change I believe.

Michael

miketr

Latest Map with the new player locations.  We are running out of colors.

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1685/worldmapv5.png

Michael