History of Mexico

Started by Desertfox, August 07, 2011, 11:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desertfox

Trying to figure out the history. This is what I have so far. If your country has had significant interactions with Mexico, it would be good to know. Italicized portions are the ones I was talking about in the map thread. Basically Mexico would see Yucatan as a rebellious province and the rest of Central America as an actual nation that would be propped up as a buffer against Gran Colombia. 

History of Mexico

(only doing it from 1821 onwards, assuming near OTL before)

1821 - After an 11 year war of independence, Mexico becomes independent from Spain.

1824 - Texas Revolution, Santa Anna defeated (similar to OTL, just earlier)

1828 - Quasi-War with Texas and NERF, stalemate on land and at sea. NERF invasion attempt repulsed at Veracruz. Yucatan revolt fails after NERF forces leave. Mexico intervenes in Central America preventing the Federation of Central America from falling apart.

1849 - 3rd Texan War (+outside support?), Mexican Navy wins a crushing victory at sea, but is decisively defeated on land. General Santa Anna is killed in battle. Yucatan achieves independence.

185? - Californian Revolution, Mormons achieve independence.

1864 - Mexico intervenes in Central America again to prevent the Federation from dissolving. An expedition is planned for Yucatan but the outbreak of war with Texas prevents it from being carried out.

1865-68 - 4th Texan War, Mexican Army steamrolls the Texans. A last ditch invasion attempt by Texas is stopped in Puebla by General Ignacio Zaragoza on the 5th of May. Mexican Navy suffers its worst defeat ever, attributed in part to an epidemic of Yellow Fever aboard the ships. General Porfirio Diaz is killed in battle.

1868-72 - Benito Juarez assumes the Mexican Presidency. Institutes a series of progressive reforms.

1873 - The hero of Puebla, General Zaragoza, assumes the presidency on Juares death. Continues his reforms.

1874 - As part of the reforms the Chiricahua Apache Nation and Yaqui Nation are established. Both tribal groups given significant autonomy and allowed to form their own independent military forces.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Tanthalas

glad to see your as sure of the year of my Revolution as I am... all I have on it atm is 185X, I keep moving it around trying to find a place in the timeline I like for it.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Desertfox

I had an x then changed it to a ?. The earlier the better it works for me, cause Mexico get stronger as the 50s go on. Otherwise its very hard for me to explain the loss of the four corners area.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Tanthalas

ok I can do it any date after January first 1849.  Im thinking time it so that it ocours at the same time your distracted by what is it the third Texas Mexico war?  Makes it more plausable that my relitivly small (at the time) Nation can pull it off.  Given that I have a population of 35 million in 1880, I can proly increase my population circa 1850 by a factor of 10 and it will be more beliveable.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

TexanCowboy

No outside support in the third war, unless we count the movement of the californians.

Tanthalas

Quote from: TexanCowboy on August 08, 2011, 02:31:58 PM
No outside support in the third war, unless we count the movement of the californians.

Im not sure I would consider it support or more like being Opertunistic in our own breakaway while the bulk of the Mexican army is busy elsewhere.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650