Navalism 4 Status

Started by Guinness, June 17, 2011, 05:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexanCowboy

BIEber, not beiber.

I think I'm pulling out my Rebecca Black tape on Foxy.

ctwaterman

No its so 19th Century....

21st Century is certain space age apoxy's that cause an effect similar to Sgt. Schlocks Goober roungs....

But honestly nothing beats a good rough split rail, a gallon of hot pitch and a couple of bushels of Chicken Feathers....  its a classic and the classics really are the best.  Plus you can make them ride the rail to the edge of town and throw them into the gator infested swamp or the river if you want.  Given that Hot tar both sticks and burns well this could very well prove fatal even with out the gator infested swamp.
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Darman

hey if anyone needs any rails I just spent my day splitting a great many.  they're over behind the garden....  

...oh... and remind me to wear sunblock next time, lest I be mistaken for a lobsterback...

Guinness

- Economy (95%): Largely done. Needs numbers from other items below to inform it.
- Navy upkeep, construction, etc.(95%): Largely done.
- Army stuff (50%): I think we know where we're going here, but we're mired in some research items in an attempt to balance ground forces with sea forces.
- Shipbuilding Guidelines(0%): Basically we haven't cracked this one yet. This is largely because it's dependent on the next item.
- Technology and R&D (75%): We've agreed on an approach, but not specific tech items. We also haven't yet agreed to what research will cost, largely because we need numbers above.
- Startup forces available (50%): nations will get a lump sum with some constraints to build their forces up to what they have in 1880.
- Gameplay and administration(50%): things like reporting requirements, etc. etc. This is largely informed by what's above.

The last month has been tough. I've been working or out of town most of it, P3D was traveling as well. We're trying hard to get efforts back on the rails now.

Nobody

Cool, sounds very promising.

Any chance we can get the stuff that has been largely agreed on (economy & upkeep) - just without any numbers, only constants which can be filled with "life" later?

Jefgte

Great thanks Modos for your work & time

Jef  ;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Carthaginian

I'd love to see the basics as well- it would give us time to get familiar with the economy and such before having to add ship construction into the mix.
A little practice will make assimilating the rules much easier than having to take them in as a lump.
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

Darman

Just sort of a note on the start-up values.  I may or may not have said this already (I can' recall at this time).  I think it would be best if everyone recieved the same dollar value of goods and could spend it on whatever he wished, be it a navy, army, military infrastructure, transportation infrastructure, or economic development.  Just my 2 cents

Carthaginian

Quote from: Darman on July 16, 2011, 07:12:36 PM
Just sort of a note on the start-up values.  I may or may not have said this already (I can' recall at this time).  I think it would be best if everyone recieved the same dollar value of goods and could spend it on whatever he wished, be it a navy, army, military infrastructure, transportation infrastructure, or economic development.  Just my 2 cents

I think that's pretty much what's gonna happen- except the Mod Nations get slightly more than a PC nations.
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

Darman

Guinness

Progress: slight.

Work: murderous.

I'm working a few of the punchlist items while I keep on eye on a website that had a bad day today. Consensus on weights for sailing rigs helps, but I doubt I'll have much to post tonight. I'm operating on 3.5 hours sleep.

Alikchi

TexanCowboy

Woah!

Long time, no see!

How's it going?

Alikchi

Decently, thanks!  :D Just thought I'd stick my head in and see how things were. Glad Navalism and WW are still churning forward. Lots of new faces.

Sachmle

Hey...Sup Man? How was your birthday?
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim