New Weapon Data

Started by Blooded, June 17, 2011, 11:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desertfox

SS2, SS3 is to complicated for my taste.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Tanthalas

im all for SS3 (primarily because I know how to cheat in it just as well as SS2)
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Blooded

Talk to P3D...

SS3 has Oooodles of problems....

I must admit I am a fan of Gun calibre and partial deck armor though. I started on SS3 until N3 'educated' me. Don't recall the reasons exactly but SS3 has NOT improved since 2007.

I keep praying our computer experts will create 'Navalism Springsharp' and end ALL our troubles!
"The black earth was sown with bones and watered with blood... for a harvest of sorrow on the land of Rus'. "
   -The Armament of Igor

Tanthalas

Quote from: Blooded on July 03, 2011, 11:52:49 PM
I keep praying our computer experts will create 'Navalism Springsharp' and end ALL our troubles!

NO. that is all, and I think the guys making SS died or somthing (atleast they dont respond to emails from me)
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Guinness

It's not technically difficult to do a version of Springsharp (say) in Javascript with an HTML wrapper. This would be my preferred approach, since it would be cross-platform capable. If I had time, I'd take on such a project, but I don't. I suppose if some group of people wanted to work on it, I'd be willing to help.

This would likely best be an effort wider than just Navalism. The Wesworld guys could benefit just as much from it. I'd have in mind an open-sourced generalized "web-springsharp" project which would be designed and structured in such a way to be easily extensible so there could be a Navalism customized or a Wesworld customized version if we want it.

I can't imagine the whole thing would be more than a couple of thousand lines of code at the very outside, really. I just know I shouldn't be starting any projects these days.

Sachmle

Hit me up in a year or so and I may be able to help. Right now I'm getting an A in my X-HTML class, but I've not had Java yet. Basic programming will be next spring I think.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Logi

Kinda out of my expertise, I focus mainly on game programming. But Java's not too difficult, although going from just html to Java might be a tad difficult.

I've never learned Javascript though, probably should.