Europe Buildup

Started by Guinness, June 07, 2011, 01:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delta Force

Would it be possible for me to take France or Russia (or Austria-Hungary, if Sachmle decides not to take it)?

Korpen

Quote from: miketr on June 12, 2011, 09:13:24 PM
What I believe to be the current version of Europe

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/3585/europev6a.png

Wrong Danish-German Border, i posted the correct one above.
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

miketr

Quote from: Korpen on June 12, 2011, 11:52:12 PM
Quote from: miketr on June 12, 2011, 09:13:24 PM
What I believe to be the current version of Europe

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/3585/europev6a.png

Wrong Danish-German Border, i posted the correct one above.

Sorry the version you posted had reduced visual detail so I made a mistake.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/1546/europev6b.png

Michael

miketr

Quote from: Delta Force on June 12, 2011, 11:41:27 PM
Would it be possible for me to take France or Russia (or Austria-Hungary, if Sachmle decides not to take it)?

Russia is not to be available to play as a PC nation.

In theory either France (reunited or not) or Poland-Ukraine is possible but we need NPC's in Europe.  Asia I believe has some openings.  Have you thought about there?  We want a balance in terms of having players around the world.

Michael

Carthaginian

Just out of curiosity- why would Russia be out of bounds?
Lack of a year-round port?
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

Valles

Unwillingness to allow any player nation 'direct' access to colonization territory.

So far as I know, the reasoning leading to this policy has not been explained, but its existence has been confirmed over in the asia thread.
======================================================

When the mother ship's cannon cracked the signal to return
The clouds were building bastions in the swirling up above
Poseidon the King and the Wind his jester
Dancing with the Lightning Lady Fair
Dancing with the Lightning Lady Fair

miketr

We want to prevent what Republic of Orange did to a certain extent in N3.  P3D suggested the policy based on his experiences there.  The simple fact of the matter is directly connecting to colonization territory is a big advantage in terms of logistics and would make the conquest / expansion much easier.  So we want to reduce this.  Russia is to be a NPC buffer nation to force people to do things across the water.

Michael 

Delta Force

With France fractured and Russia NPC, what is to keep Germany from taking over the continent? Austria-Hungary will pretty much exist at Germany's whim.

Nobody

What about and independent/neutral Luxembourg?

Borys

Ahoj!
In the "Withdrawal" thread we are planning a Gross-Sachsen*, so the future will speak Platt-Deutsch!
Or Vlaams!
Hmm, but a Letzerburgisch speaking future is another tempting possibility :D

* the "real" Sachsen, by the North Sea :)
Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

miketr

Quote from: Delta Force on June 13, 2011, 01:10:49 AM
With France fractured and Russia NPC, what is to keep Germany from taking over the continent? Austria-Hungary will pretty much exist at Germany's whim.

The fact that AH and Germany are equal along with other PC nations

Barcaii

Here is my current suggestion for the Italian timeline: (It is not finished and needs some refining)

OTL until 1860

1860 – When Cavour returns to power in 1860 he does not believe that he needs the weakned French to acquiescence the annexation of the United Provinces of central Italy. As such he does not cede Nice and Savoy to France.
Even if Nice is never annexed by France Garibaldi still travels to aid the Sicilian rebellions, leading to the fall of the defeat of the Kingdom of Naples as OTL.

1861 – The Kingdom of Italy is formed, with Victor Emmanuel II as king. Rome is declared the capital of Italy even if it is not part of the country. This is seen as a great affront by many Catholics over the world but with no French troops defending Rome it quickly falls. The nobility loyal to the Pope leave the doors to their palaces in rome shut and wore black in a symbolic gesture to mourn that the Pope is a prisoner in the Vatican.

1862 – Victor Emmanuel II signs an agreement where he recognises the sovereignty of Austria-Hungary over Venice. This greatly displeases Veneto nationalists.

1863 – A coup takes place in Rome where Veneto nationalists try to take the power from the new royal family. The nationalists succeed in mortally wounding the King and killing his family as well as a few important government officials and military personal. The Swiss Guard supported by the Black Nobility takes the opportunity and steps in, wresting the control from the nationalists, all under the pretence of restoring order. Marcantonio Pacelli offers, on behalf of the Italian people, the Pope the position as leader of the entire Italy. The Pope declines the position but instead announces that Italy will become the Catholic Republic of Italy.

1866 – Third war of Independance is very dependent on the actions of Austri and Prussia.

miketr

Questions we need to work out for the Euro-Project.

#1) What nations in North America need home nations to be colonized by?

#2) How does Spain Unify?

#3) France and Russia Fracture?  (I have a good idea for France)

#4) When does Italy and Germany unify?

My thought is France fractures in the after math of German war of unification.  Now do we want that to occur in 1870? 

Michael

snip

Quote from: miketr on June 13, 2011, 03:48:59 PM
#1) What nations in North America need home nations to be colonized by?
#3) France and Russia Fracture?  (I have a good idea for France)

For me: with the current storyline that I am using, I need Russia to exist thought 1861. I could move to an earlier date, but would have to set a limit of approx 1845 to give at least a little time under direct Russian control for industrialization to start. The breakup date is going to have a effect on my backsory, but nothing I cannot work with.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

miketr

There is a Rump Russia and it could do what you need no matter what I figure Snip.

One thought to play with is to do all the changes in 1848.  The revolutions swept across Europe and caused all sorts of changes; just few long lasting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1848_Revolution

Michael