North America Buildup

Started by Guinness, June 07, 2011, 01:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desertfox

On the NA map, the "disputed" sections are no longer disputed and should be Mexican pink. The region to the north (between the Colorado, Rio Grande, and Salt River) is the "disputed one", as Mexico will not be recognizing it as anyone else's.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

snip

Mexico may not recognize it, but New Russia does not recognize Mexicos claim to the territory and supports Desert's claim.

Foxy, this is getting ridiculous. Knock it off.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Tanthalas

Quote from: Desertfox on July 27, 2011, 03:57:37 PM
On the NA map, the "disputed" sections are no longer disputed and should be Mexican pink. The region to the north (between the Colorado, Rio Grande, and Salt River) is the "disputed one", as Mexico will not be recognizing it as anyone else's.

Ofcourse we should all roll over and let you have what you want for nothing right.  That Teritory belongs to The Dominion of Deseret DF and it will stay that way.  I offerd a peacefull method for you to get it and you REFUSED to make me an equivilant teritory offer, I belive your exact words were Somthing to the effect of I should prepare for war very soon.    I am still open to offers but your time is shrinking by the day, offer me somthing EQUIVILANT and ill consider it, otherwise *shrugs*.  I wont say ill hold it in the end but I promise you this you amature Napoleon you will be very very bloody before you do.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Ithekro

I still have these for starters if that is needed (the old N2 maps)

TexanCowboy

*Albert de Broglie, President of Tejas, puts on his glasses that NO ONE makes fun of*

Disputed area, disputed area you say? No, I see no disputed area here. I'll just be standing here in the corner waiting to chokehold you both once you've crippled each other. Have a nice day.

*Alber de Broglie, President of Tejas, takes off his glasses that NO ONE makes fun of*

miketr

OK death match over North America borders is ON... in this thread.  Unless I see agreement the borders set by Guinness are the official ones.

Michael

Tanthalas

my posistion is simple, I wont give up almost 1/5 of my country for nothing.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Guinness

I've merged the offshoot "North America" topic with this one.

The map found in this post I consider definitive:
http://www.navalism.org/index.php/topic,5549.msg71819.html#msg71819

You may also find it here:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/mmichael453/Navalism%204/N-America-N4-3.png

I prefer not to spend any more time refereeing this subject. Frankly, it's beyond me that we managed to settle the issues of Schleswig and Holstein and Alsace and Lorraine in the Europe thread without any histrionics, but this subject keeps coming up. So let's please knock off the saber rattling. For that matter, there shouldn't be any in-character play at this point as it is.

TexanCowboy

Guinness, that was an IC reference as a joke....

Besides, I STILL don't know why I'm being dragged into this; I own none of the disputed territory.

Tanthalas

actualy my only reason for mentioning texas was Carth mentiond the CSA texas border being wrong.  IDK what was wrong with it ever but there it is.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Guinness

Quote from: TexanCowboy on July 27, 2011, 06:18:35 PM
Besides, I STILL don't know why I'm being dragged into this; I own none of the disputed territory.

I wasn't referring to you.

ctwaterman

I was also pretty sure we had agreed on the MAP Guinness posted..... Above.

I think threats of war are well questionable given that nobody is going to be operating large numbers of troops in the disputed Area at all ???  No railroads, no navigable rivers, and hell no real population.  Its hard to find water to supply a cavalry patrol let alone a regiment in that area.

So everyone Chill the rhetoric can begin later.
>:(
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Desertfox

Well I was just pointing out problems with a different map than the Guinness one. OOC I have no problems with the Guinness one.

And didn't the mods want dissatisfied players? Just playing my part ;-)

"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Tanthalas

Quote from: Desertfox on July 27, 2011, 09:50:47 PM
Well I was just pointing out problems with a different map than the Guinness one. OOC I have no problems with the Guinness one.

And didn't the mods want dissatisfied players? Just playing my part ;-)

The one Carth posted was the one I made before I was Deseret, and was trying to get you and Blooded to play nice with eachother  ;) it was never even a quasi official map.  it was more like me trying to figure out what was disputed.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Carthaginian

I posted the one I did because of two details:
1.) It returned a lot of the CSA territory shaved off in the upper Mississippi valley.
2.) it had the boundaries for Acadia I proposed.
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.