North America Buildup

Started by Guinness, June 07, 2011, 01:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexanCowboy

Here's "my" fixed up version.

Gave that stuff back to New England, and gave up territory on the east bank of the Mississippi to Charles. I gave up everything south of the Rio Grande to Foxy, and gave up a little bit of territory up north to make it more in line with rivers.

Guinness, if you're doing the official map, can you make these changes to Texas, Mexico, and the UCAS? (Resulting in more territory for everyone but Texas).

Desertfox

Can someone post the map in the wikipedia page or include a link? I can't see it atm.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Tanthalas

hmmm will you name it the Texico Line? I only ask because that has the potential to be one hell of a fortified line
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

snip

do I still have the go-ahead for modifying my boarders to folow the Rockies?
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Tanthalas

Quote from: snip on July 04, 2011, 04:55:53 PM
do I still have the go-ahead for modifying my boarders to folow the Rockies?

NUUU Utah er whatever its called gets Jellystone and Yogi (secret weapon of DOOM)
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

snip

I am more refering to the parts of Northern BC that I have, I just dont like the squareness of some of that
-Siegfried Sassoon

Tanthalas

LOL snip you already have NW Wyoming I was just messin with ya (although im trying to convince blooded to invade it at the first opertunity)
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

snip

*squints at map*

Well guess I do :D
-Siegfried Sassoon

Desertfox

Texico Line? Pecos Line just has a better ring to it... ;D

Tanthalas

Blooded has my House though... and since its been in my family literaly forever (like before Wyoming was a State) I would say my ancestors would proly be there (Mormon Pionears)
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Desertfox

Blooded also has my house (Prescott) and my current location (Albuquerque). That will have to be remedied...

Logi

Quote from: Guinness on July 04, 2011, 01:35:37 PM
13 pages of comments mean I probably missed something. It also means you probably missed something regarding the Caribbean. I'd prefer not to rehash that matter.

He hasn't missed anything. I've also just searched though the entire thread and I've also been keeping close tabs on it. We've basically agreed on everything but Key West. No further discussion was made.

ctwaterman

Lots of Changes from the last map alot...?????

Charles
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

TexanCowboy

Yes, Logi, that's why I'm confused as to why you aren't on the map.

Tan, you're kidding me. Do you know how much of a PITA that would be to fortify that entire border? Remember how much the Line DeCreme cost in N3, multiply that by 3 or 4. It's just not economically viable. I'd expect to see major fortications by the coast, and at key river crossings, and maybe some lines down by the coast, but inland it'll be a war of Texas Rangers, Calvary, etc. It might be fortified to the level of the Italian-French border pre-WWI.

Charles, I changed my map to give you Orleans, you ok with that?

Foxy, I'll be guarding the line Romanian style. To sum up the modifications I did on my varient, you got everything on your side of the Rio Grande that I had back. Seems only fair.

ctwaterman

I was talking about the Extenstion of the NER Westward to the Mississippi and the very narrow gap left between the NER and Texas.

The Old Map had the NER currently some where in Indiana.
Based on the Slavery Issue my Country is going to expand up the Mississippi or would have Slavery will be in the final stages of being Abolished when the Game Starts.

Anyway..... the New Map has Texas expanded into the Colorado probably to far north you might claim the land but honestly it is populated by Native Nomadic Tribes.   The NER appears to have spread down from Ohio along a very unlikely route.

If we are basing My UCS and the NER on the historic 13 Colonies then the 13 Colonies had established claims that in many cases ran all the way to the Mississippi or acording to King George the Pacific Ocean.  These territories were given by the States to the US Central Government under Washington the sale of which would be to help pay the National Debt. 
Yea I know I have been watching how the states go their shapes show recently :)

Anyway the NER cant spread down the Ohio River because eventually the River Flows into Kentucky which is territory claimed by my State of Virgina.  I would expect the NER to fill in the State of Ohio, Indiana, and even Michicagan based on ease of travel on the Great Lakes before they started to flow South into Southern Indiana and Illinois.

We can work on the clash of titles to the land of the Louisiana Purchase and or Conflicting Claims between the UK, France, and Spanish New World claims.  But Honestly many of the lines on this map outline areas with miniscule population levels and possibly due to the lack of a Trans Continental Railroad are still unexplored Wilderness.

You and I have limited Access up the Arkansas and Missouri Rivers since about the 1840 or the Founding of Texas.  But realistically that leaves those areas under my control until the 1860's when you are dont fighting Foxy.   In effect they need to be returned to the Grey Zone.   We can then proceed to fight over them durring the Game :)

Charles
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along