1922 Rules Change Discussion

Started by Guinness, January 12, 2011, 08:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jefgte

I agree with KK

Merchant marines, Railways rules, Harbour oil ressources for refuelling are more realist for our n'verse.

If we add some rules whose cost BPs & $ ... I suggest to increase the potential of all countries by 20%.

Jef
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

ctwaterman

Some of the Rules are already out there we just need to re-issue them.

As an example I found the rules for building mines they were in the 1909 Updated Rules I believe but some how they never made it into the codified rules section.

We have made some strides into improving the Fortification and Shore Defenses sections.  The Upgrades to the Airfield system while painful were probably necessary to keep airplanes from completely replacing ships.

Armys well I have seen Miketr proposal for armys and while I am not opposed to them we might need to poll all the players.

Charles
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Darman

would that be the individual brigades and create-your-own corps suggestion?

ctwaterman

Yes its a flexible system and if you wanted to Create a Heavy Tank Corp you could do it... however the cost of the Corp is significantly higher then a standard Infantry Corp of the same tech and the maintenance cost as well.

Once you add in Motorized Logistics say 1910 level, say 2 Heavy and 2 Light Tank Brigades you end up with a very powerful unit but its also very expensive.

Charles
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Delta Force

Quote from: Nobody on January 14, 2011, 01:34:53 AM
I still think, that the list of engine tech level needs to be "adjusted". At the very least we need higher power per shaft levels. And even if the effect is low, i disagree with the "engine year = year laid down" if nothing needs to be spent on improved engines.

We really do need to do that. Ships with 45,000 horsepower per shaft were on the drawing board and being completed in this time period like the Lexingtons. That said though, I think that with geared turbines and turbo-electric drive there isn't really any physical (metallurical) limit on the shafts, since the gears help to slow things down while with turbo electric drives the shaft is no where near as long and also is designed to be able to move power from one shaft to another if damaged, as well as to rapidly spin the propellers in reverse. If a shaft can take the energy of another, or throw into a full reverse stop in a short distance, it seems that we're just setting arbitrary limits as opposed to ones forced by the materials.