Mailbox

Started by Logi, November 13, 2008, 03:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock Doctor

Tex, could you dial back the "KABOOM" stuff, please?

Sachmle

This

Requires the 1915 Railroad Artillery Tech.

Your Current Tech List says you only have 1910 tech.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Logi

I couldn't find a suitable picture. But it is not a railway gun. It is, like the Big Bertha, an emplacement gun that has to be carried in pieces for transport.

Cut into pieces, horse and truck towed.

TexanCowboy

Was it paid for in a sim report? Something that weighs 144 tons probebly required a great deal of effort to produce, not something that would be usually covered by the army corps production, IMHO.

Logi

I have 300tons of material and $3 mil free in my sim report for the purpose of such works. But I have yet to specifically say what artillery devices they go into.

Walter

QuoteThis

Requires the 1915 Railroad Artillery Tech.

Your Current Tech List says you only have 1910 tech.
Posted this in the Japanese encyclopedia a while ago
http://www.navalism.org/index.php?topic=4385.msg49881#msg49881
The second one is a RR gun, but I found pictures somewhere of it as an emplacement gun... but I liked the RR gun pic. :)
QuoteWas it paid for in a sim report?
QuoteI have 300tons of material and $3 mil free in my sim report for the purpose of such works.
They would fall in the siege gun category so they should be 500 tons and $4 for a single battery of those "Lina" or "Dora-dora" guns. 300 tons and $3 is not enough for one battery.

Logi

Quote300 tons and $3 is not enough for one battery.

Yes, but I was talking about building them in single parts, not in a battery.

Walter

I think for simplicity, you should try and cut a bit here and there so you have enough for a battery rather than messing around with single units.