Map of Indochina

Started by ciders, July 28, 2010, 10:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciders

I cannot see any more the map of Hooper. So, I searched a new map.

This big card doesn't include the borders of the game. If I remember it well, the harbour of Chantakhun, near Koh Kong, on the south-west ( in Thailand today ), belongs to Independent Indochina, but I'm not sure. The main problem is the border with DKB, at north : she was not exactly bounded. For Sachmle :

QuoteIt looks more north [ to Hue ], perhaps Dong Ho'i or Dong Ha.

So, if the border is a straight line, where do we have to put Dong Ho'i ( a little harbour in Annam, north of Hue ) and Thakkek ( actually, in Laos ) ?
The only difference, between the balls of July 14th and the French Revolution, it is the size of firecrackers and the direction towards which we launch them.

Christophe Barbier, French journalist

P3D

There are some really good topo maps in the Perry-Castaneda map collection.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Sachmle

The Red line follows a river valley. It seems pretty much the same as the border in the "Map of the World". Don't know the name of it, but if it's OK w/ Ciders it's OK w/ me.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

ciders

QuoteThere are some really good topo maps in the Perry-Castaneda map collection.

In fact, I just have found a little pretty website, dedicated to French Indochina, with a great number of maps, city maps and a lot of informations. And this big map.

For example : maps of Saigon, in 1903 and in 1930

QuoteThe Red line follows a river valley. It seems pretty much the same as the border in the "Map of the World". Don't know the name of it, but if it's OK w/ Ciders it's OK w/ me.

There is two rivers in fact. A little, coming to the south east, and another coming to to the northwest and the Mekong.  ;)

This border advantages Independent Indochina. But if you agree this border, I agree too.
The only difference, between the balls of July 14th and the French Revolution, it is the size of firecrackers and the direction towards which we launch them.

Christophe Barbier, French journalist

Sachmle

"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim