Navalism 2 Poll

Started by P3D, March 01, 2007, 02:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to do in ver 2.0?

Just continue the old one with tweaks.
4 (22.2%)
Old one with major changes (world, rules)
3 (16.7%)
New world with the possibility to transfer Navalism 1.0 countries
8 (44.4%)
Complete restart
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Desertfox

Stating the obious can be a fun experience! ;D
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

maddox

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Navalism/index.php?showtopic=2129

It seems that I'm a bad boy...

I do talk to Van Owen by AIM, and it seems he's trying to achive the same as what we're doing here, but on a more deep cutting level.

He even took my suggestion about a ringworld....

Ithekro

I can be blamed a little for that as well, but I talked to him before I knew of this place.  But my idea keeps at least a level of reality over fantasy in the world is still a world...a bit larger perhaps, but the laws of reality still apply.

Well on a positive note for you Rocky, The rest of South America would probably be retained as existing NPC type nations for those that want to run a small country like we do in Wesworld...minor adjustments, but nothing grand (I think I added a total of two destroyers and maybe a few very old historical protected cruisers to Chile at start).  And while the UKA and CSA might be altered with the Caribbean Sea, your northern neighbor will probably be the same.  I don't think the balance of power should shift too much in the existing lands.  Addition existing nations to an existing nation might work if the balance of those nations remains roughly the same as pre-restart, and thus the "threat level" to the other existing nations is about the same.  The CSA should remain in some fashion for flavor/balance to the continent.  At present there is a balance between three continental powers and France in North America, with some small powers remaining in existance.

Borys

Ahoj!
P3D, could you clarify what this means?
New world with the possibility to transfer Navalism 1.0 countries
I'm not quite sure I understand.
Borys

Ithekro

I believe that means a restructured world, but you can plug in your existing Navalism country into it, and thereby not have to start over completely from scratch.  You might need to reevaluate international relations, treaties, and such, but all your internal stuff is still there, as is your navy and army.

Earl822

That is my interpretation of that option as well, which would allow Rocky to keep GC as is essentially, while allowing those of us who'd like a fresh start can get a new nation together.

P3D

"I believe that means a restructured world, but you can plug in your existing Navalism country into it, and thereby not have to start over completely from scratch.  You might need to reevaluate international relations, treaties, and such, but all your internal stuff is still there, as is your navy and army."

Yes, exactly. Allowing people to transfer their nation they'd spent a lot of time to build up, but allowing others to start again. Actual numbers might be changed too. E.g. Ithreko could import his Rohan and place it in the Pacific Ocean on a continent that really resembles Middle Earth, or Borys could continue his elaborate machinations with Kaiser und König Stefan.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Borys

Ahoj!
As this is to be something new, I'm not interested.
Bye.
Borys

Ithekro

I can say "oh well" this time around.  It looks like a general restructuring of the world is what is requested.  That could mean the same planet as before with counties being shifted to fix some problems from the previous version.  That could mean everyone present starts the same, but the one's who aren't here get there nations replaced.

And then it could call for a restructuring of the land by way of adding and subtracting water from the Earth, or increasing the size of the Earth by as much at 2-3 times present size.  50,000 to 75,000 miles to circle the Earth at the Equator is a lot, but with enough coaling stations or friendly ports it can still be done.  If the poles are farther away from the present continents, the great circle routes would be the best way to get around the planet.

Jupiter sized is out, but given as an example of just how huge one could get.  Ringworld might have some plus, but I still can't grasp how one is the navigate on a curved flat surface circling a sun at 1 AU.  There is also the wind and currents to consider, as those are extremely important in the development on sea travel.

But have fun, Borys...wherever you go.

Ithekro

It seems like the vote was for Number 3, but we are doing what we can to make it Number 2...weird.

maddox

Actualy not.  The answer was for a successor on Navalism, a sequel.
But this board will probably be a tweaked N-verse.