Just how many Pacific Wars anyway?

Started by Guinness, May 03, 2010, 01:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guinness

Old, old timers, riddle me this:

Just how many Pacific Wars have there been anyway. I'd thought that the last one (the Dutch vs. Siam and the DKB) was the 4th one. Am I wrong?

There was the previous one which featured the Swiss vs. pretty much everyone else, and one previous to that which was mostly the Swiss vs. the MK, right? Was there one before that too?

Here's a good opportunity to flesh out our collecting understanding of hate, fear and loathing on the Pacific Rim. :)

Sachmle

While I'm certainly no old timer here, my understanding is the that Swiss vs Netherlands/Austria/DKB/Japan/MK war was the 2nd Pacific War, not the third. This leaves our last endeavor to be the 3rd Pacific War. A nice recurring theme though seems to be the Swiss decided to do something that someone else doesn't like, then everyone else dog piles the Swiss, some with, some without reason.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

TexanCowboy

Well, let's see...

I'm in a similar situation to Sachmle, but I've done some archive digging. So, from what I can tell, there has been four. but the orginal Pacific War, the one that started the hatred for the Swiss by the MK, was, in effect, two wars.

The Rock Doctor

I consider NS vs MK, in 1901 and thereabouts, to be 1PW.

The 1907-08 boondoggle was 2PW.

The DKB/Dutch thing can be 3PW.

Desertfox

The 1st Pacific War was actually like 4 different wars in one. First, New Switzerland vs MK (ends via Peace Treaty), followed immediately after by NS vs Spain, then the MK decides to jump in again, then Austria jumps in, at which point Orange decides the Austrian territories look nice and wipes out their fleet. Spain rips itself apart in a revolution, Austria loses its colonies, MK gains Hong Kong and Shanghai (only because of a stupid 'Peace Treaty' *GRUMBLING*), and Orange becomes a global power. Note, the MK and NS have not signed anything since, so technically the two nations are still at war.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

maddox

And Desertfox nails the totals to the board.  As he was the main reason of all of those.   All hail Desertfox.

Marek Gutkowski

I don't know dose it count but I did take part in one war in the pacific back on N-verse2.0.

and Yes it was with Desertfox.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare