Royalty/Presidents/Leaders/Etc.

Started by Sachmle, March 21, 2010, 10:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexanCowboy

You are only Jewish if your mother is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrilineality_in_Judaism

I usually don't trust wiki, but since I've read through this, everything I've noticed is true...

Jewish girls....all I've dated...

Guinness

Advice from an elder: date at least one crazy Irish Catholic girl. Redhead preferred. Daddy issues absolutely necessary. Just one will be enough, and this is likely to head off plenty of other issues later.

Trust me. :)

TexanCowboy

Sachmle

Quote from: Guinness on March 22, 2010, 08:45:30 PM
Advice from an elder: date at least one crazy Irish Catholic girl. Redhead preferred. Daddy issues absolutely necessary. Just one will be enough, and this is likely to head off plenty of other issues later.

Trust me. :)
Cuz there are other kinds of Irish Catholic girls? ;)
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Guinness

Tanthalas

Quote from: Guinness on March 22, 2010, 09:12:40 PM
Sure, the chaste ones.  ;D
... there are chaste Catholic school girls?  Ok maybee there are, but all the ones I dated could trip you and get to the floor intime to catch you.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Ithekro

The Jewish lineage ideal changed after they were kicked out...it is much easier to know who your mother than it is our father...especially if the native population you live in is attempting to "breed you out of existance" as a nation.  You can't breed out a nation if they follow the mother's line.

ctwaterman

At any rate, I have a sense that the Italians have little patience for such hair splitting. I also suspect that those nations that went out of their way via diplomatic means to prevent New Zion from being dismembered by the Italians would not be amused either.

Hairs go into a pot potatoes, carrots, and a little bit of Horseradish and possible some Turnips and Radish's.

My letter to the ESC, GC, CSA, Japan, and France pretty much explained the Empires stance we will watch the crazy zionists because they are crazy and dangerous and located on our borders and hope time takes care of the problem because wars are expensive and time consuming.
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Desertfox

Ah ok, so matrilineality is a relatively modern thing, cause pre-70AD it was all paternally.

Still we are arguing a moot point, because even in that case, the Empress of Ethiopia and mother of the deposed king is not Jewish but Ethiopian Christian (same as OTL).
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Guinness

I'm a bad llama for not pointing this out before, but I managed to not actually check what the list said about the Mughals until just now.

In ~ 1912, Akbar Shah the Third died after a brief but acute illness and was succeeded by his first born son, Furrukhsiyar the Second, aged 21 at the time. Furrukhsiyar is not nearly as popular as his father.

Sachmle

Quote from: Guinness on March 23, 2010, 06:49:32 PM
I'm a bad llama for not pointing this out before, but I managed to not actually check what the list said about the Mughals until just now.

In ~ 1912, Akbar Shah the Third died after a brief but acute illness and was succeeded by his first born son, Furrukhsiyar the Second, aged 21 at the time. Furrukhsiyar is not nearly as popular as his father.

Fixed. Also note all other input has been edited into the list, with the exception of New Zion. I'd be happy to put her highness in, if that is infact the Mod ruling on who is in charge since Fox himself said he left NZ an NPC before that would have happened.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Borys

The Habsburg succession is a mess. I noticed that I did not tie up some lose ends, but I decided not to correct my sloppiness, as it makes things more interesting:
- Maximilian II = OTL Franz Joseph;
- Franz Ferdinand morgamatically marries Chotek = FF is heir, his sons are not Habsburgs (dynastically) anymore;
- Stefan deposes Maximillian, deposes FF, and voids the morgamatic part of FF's marriage; and deposes all other uncles (father-brother) too;
- Stefan and Yelena have one living daughter and a string of misscarriages/stillborn children ...
- nobody is raising this publically, but ATM the monarchy has no recognised heir - is it FF's son Maximillian? Is it the Navalism equivalent of Karl? Somebody else?
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Ithekro

Just a random thought...since Moria has a certain "Devil Queen"...who has the certain Testarossa she is generally paired with?  The name itself, if used gives me a secondary idea (distant relative) to command a submarine.

miketr

Quote from: Borys on March 24, 2010, 02:46:22 AM
The Habsburg succession is a mess. I noticed that I did not tie up some lose ends, but I decided not to correct my sloppiness, as it makes things more interesting:
- Maximilian II = OTL Franz Joseph;
- Franz Ferdinand morgamatically marries Chotek = FF is heir, his sons are not Habsburgs (dynastically) anymore;
- Stefan deposes Maximillian, deposes FF, and voids the morgamatic part of FF's marriage; and deposes all other uncles (father-brother) too;
- Stefan and Yelena have one living daughter and a string of misscarriages/stillborn children ...
- nobody is raising this publically, but ATM the monarchy has no recognised heir - is it FF's son Maximillian? Is it the Navalism equivalent of Karl? Somebody else?

Depending on what you have done the Iberian's fall in here some place.

Jaime's grand-mother was Archduchess Maria Beatrix of Austria-Este, Modena-Line

Archduchess Maria Beatrix of Austria-Este was the 4th child of Francis IV, Duke of Modena
-1st Child Maria Theresa died without issue
-2nd Francis V, Duke of Modena, had only one child that died as an infant
-3rd Ferdinand Karl Viktor, had only one child Maria Theresia of Austria-Este, she married Ludwig III of Bavaria

Jaime married the 6th child of Maria Theresia and Ludwig, Princess Mathilde.  As we can see Mathilde was Jaime's1st cousin.  Before Queen Mathilde passed away she and Jaime had one child, Fernando de Bourbon y Wittelsbach, Prince of Asturias.  The current heir to the throne.

Normally I would say that Jaime and Fernando wouldn't be much of a factor but depending on how wide of a sweep Stefan made they might be.

For that matter why not use Empress Maria Theresa as a precedent and have Stefan's daughter take the throne?  I know that Maria Theresa was co-ruler with her husband Francis I and later her son Joseph II of Austria and never Empress of the Holy Roman Empire in her own right but its something. 

Kaiser Kirk

Well,

As Miketr noted, the Bavarians do pop up in the lineage there. Though I don't know how Austrians traced succession.

Rupprecht, Crown Prince of Bavaria is first born of Maria Theresa of Austria-Este.
Maria Theresa is daughter and only child of Archduke Ferdinand Karl Viktor of Austria-Este
Archduke Ferdinand was the 3rd born and 2nd Son of Francis IV, Duke of Modena and Princess Maria Beatrice of Savoy.

Would not the line traced through the 3rd born, 2nd son pre-empt a line traced through the 4th born?

Then there is Albrecht of Wurttemberg, first son of Archduke Albrecht, Duke of Teschen
Archduke Albrecht was first son of Archduke Charles.
Archduke Charles was the younger brother of Francis II
Francis II was the father of Fedinand I, who abdicated in favor of OTL Franz Joseph. ...

...and this is why there were the wars of the Austrian succession...

Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest