Baby News

Started by Guinness, March 12, 2010, 12:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guinness

Checking in: It's been a busy couple of weeks, but we're settling into a routine here. So I'm catching up on news, etc. :)

That is if buying one of these doesn't derail me:

Sachmle

Nice to see you're still alive.

ACKKK MINIVAN!!!! The most evil of all inventions, obviously Swiss in design. ;)
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Guinness

Yes, but my garage is all of 12 feet wide. Those power sliding doors are looking like a very very good idea.

Sachmle

Quote from: Guinness on April 07, 2010, 08:03:51 AM
Yes, but my garage is all of 12 feet wide. Those power sliding doors are looking like a very very good idea.

Haz garodge? Vat is garodge? No parkz ootzidez?
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Guinness

Oh God no! The Pollen! I left the car in the driveway to cool off for 2 hours yesterday, and got something that looked like this:

Sachmle

Yikes!! That's making my allergies act up here just from the pictures.
Otto von Bismarck

Kaiser Wilhelm

maddox

Bleary eyed I sneeze my head off, lungs already sounding like badly tuned bagpipes.

Thanks Guinness.

Kaiser Kirk

impressive quantities of pollen.
We get dust in the fog, but *nothing* like that.
Closest is around August the tan oaks drop the fuzz from their leaves and you can see golden clouds drifting in the woods, not fun.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Logi

That's enough pollen to kill me or at least feel like I've paid a visit to hell :-\

miketr

Reminds me of Jacksonville, FL so many pine trees and huge amounts of pollen.  It used to turn the lawn yellow.

Carthaginian

My gray truck is day-glow yellow.

Pollen is blowing in the air like sand did in Iraq.

It's horrible.

I talk by typing at the moment- the cough drops and throat lozenges aren't cutting it.
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

Tanthalas

Thank God im not prone to Alergies... That is NASTY lookin
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Blooded

Congratulations on the baby! It looks like our family schedules are very similar.  3 year old and 3 month old! ;D
"The black earth was sown with bones and watered with blood... for a harvest of sorrow on the land of Rus'. "
   -The Armament of Igor

ctwaterman

Pops another Xertek that looks bad Im glad pollen just agrivates my allergies.
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Guinness

My car purchase is light years from Mario's. :)

We concluded on the Honda minivan. We really liked the new Toyota too, but it's more expensive when comparably equipped and they apparently aren't making them with the stuff we want yet. I like how the Honda drove better anyway.

For the N. Americans: we also really liked the Chevy Traverse (a unibody SUV). We'd buy it if it had sliding doors. I hadn't driven a GM that wasn't a rental car or a Corvette in years so I was really surprised at how well done it was.

And in other news my wife surprised me this am early for my birthday with what I'm writing on now: