Army Uniforms

Started by Desertfox, November 28, 2009, 10:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sachmle

Quote from: Tanthalas on January 04, 2010, 08:47:24 PM
Quote from: Desertfox on January 04, 2010, 08:24:23 PM
Cause the weapons will spend most of the time locked up aboard ships and used mainly for harbor patrol and ship boardings. These are not the US Marines that we see hitting beaches and fighting in the mud. The rifles will see a lot less action and can be mantained much easier. Also the extra firepower might be useful in boardings and the rifles are smaller than the Mausers.

actualy the most usefull weapon for shipboard use is the 12 gauge shotgun, followed closely by the Pistol.

Don't forget the cutlass...never forget that :D
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Walter

Quote from: Sachmle on January 05, 2010, 05:38:15 AM
Quote from: Tanthalas on January 04, 2010, 08:47:24 PM
Quote from: Desertfox on January 04, 2010, 08:24:23 PM
Cause the weapons will spend most of the time locked up aboard ships and used mainly for harbor patrol and ship boardings. These are not the US Marines that we see hitting beaches and fighting in the mud. The rifles will see a lot less action and can be mantained much easier. Also the extra firepower might be useful in boardings and the rifles are smaller than the Mausers.

actualy the most usefull weapon for shipboard use is the 12 gauge shotgun, followed closely by the Pistol.

Don't forget the cutlass...never forget that :D
Shotgun, pistol and cutlass, specially for Sam and Tan. No doubt standard marine equipment for Rohan and the DKB. :D

And some more stuff (including a few 'modern' designs)...

... and some of the weapons...

Borys

Ahoj!
Even though I like the Stahlhelm (Preussen Gloria sounds much better when the troops wear Stahlhelms! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYk0MgLRqu0&feature=related), the Habsburg troops will be using the Polish wz. 31 helmets. Which will happen after I invent 1915 Line Infantry technology ...

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Desertfox

Love the top right one. Might have to borrow it as the 501st winter gear...
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Walter

QuoteLove the top right one. Might have to borrow it as the 501st winter gear...
The idea was to have something to 'hide' his face in the snowy landscape as well as giving the face some protection from the freezing wind blowing around (though I expect it to limit sight somewhat). The camouflage is not as extreme as the other. :)

Desertfox

Somehow it makes him look like a Star Wars Stormtrooper.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Tanthalas

and here I havnt even managed to finish my first trooper...
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Borys

Quote from: Desertfox on January 06, 2010, 02:13:54 PM
Somehow it makes him look like a Star Wars Stormtrooper.
I also had this impression :)
Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Walter

QuoteSomehow it makes him look like a Star Wars Stormtrooper.
Shows you what simple basic things available and some minor alterations can do to a picture. :)