Fleshing out the Middle Kingdom Army.

Started by damocles, June 14, 2010, 08:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

damocles

The 200 pounders (wild boars) and down to our size are still dangerous. You move on top of one of them in tall grass and he will still rip you up with 2-3 inch tusks. Not very big pig but he seems to aim  for your inner upper leg when he comes at you.  He also has a bad habit of not stopping and dropping when shot.*

"I don't underestimate wild animals anymore, not after I went hand to antler with a 50 kg. deer trapped in a hotel room. I lost that fight.

P3D

I'd note that 15cm howitzers are not exactly heavy artillery. They are about the same weight as 10-13cm cannons.

Heavy artillery are 15cm+ cannons and 17cm+ howitzers - bot in relatively limited numbers.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Borys

Ahoj!
For arguments sake let us say that 15cm howitsers are borderline :)
They can be moved by a team of horses (six, IIRC), but are better moved about after dismantling into two loads. Same applies to canon over 4". Off course, individual designs differed.

Example - the British 60 pounder was borderline again - it could just be moved around in a single piece by horses, but was much better off with mechanical traction.
Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

ctwaterman

So why exactly are we using 15 CM howitzers to hunt wild boar... I know there is not such thing as over kill just cease fire.... but well I like pork chops and ribs and not just sausage....
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Desertfox

Well boars aren't exactly kosher, so we don't particularly care if you can eat them afterwards...
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html