New and Improved Swiss Ships for 1917...

Started by Desertfox, August 09, 2009, 06:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sachmle

"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Tanthalas

Quote from: Desertfox on September 28, 2009, 09:03:50 PM
The Is are fast but badly undergunned, and half of their armament can be knocked out in one hit. And there are very few big BBs in the Pacific, very few...

4 new Big Fast BBs before you can finish the first of the new ships, and all 4 of them will outgun, outarmor, and be faster than your new ship.  and thats without mentioning the fact I think your belt is both to narrow and to short to be truely effective.  I reiterate Rohan would be interested in purchasing all 4 I's.  if you want a new 14" ship you would be time and money ahead to build somthing with 14/45s instead of 14/40s.  Use what you got to the best of its utility, and build a totaly new ship.  The Is were intended to be the semi capable unit to back up a truely capable unit.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Desertfox

I don't consider any of the American ships, even if they are Pacific based. Rohan, I don't even pay attention too, cause they are like France, there is no way I can match them. The Japanese BBs are way too slow, neither China nor Maoria has big ships, the German ships are weaker, and only the Dutch worry me.

Only two Is have been finished. The third is half done, and the fourth was not started.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Tanthalas

the third and fourth were both started and the third was like one HY from compleation with the 4th 2 HY (I think anyway id have to dig out my notes to be sure)  still Rohan would be interested in the 2 compleated ones and the partialy compleated one atleast.  (they would make dandy backup for my 2 new Fast BBs)
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War