25 de Mayo rebuild.

Started by RAM, March 04, 2009, 03:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miketr

P3D there is nothing like what you are talking about in the rules, guide for people to do things with.  We have an imperfect system and have to fumble along the best way that we can.

Michael

Jefgte

You could rebuilt 25 de Mayo like Autofagasta class, with 2 turrets forward, A & B superfiring-
B superfiring in place of the actualy A.

;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

RAM

Not really fond of moving barbettes around. They are an integral part of a ship's structure, heavy as hell (meaning moving them a lot creates very serious balance problems, see the Ises as rebuilt as an example), and would require a really complicated process of rebuilding to be moved. Not to mention: It would be very expensive.

So, to give a ship a 33% extra firepower I might give it a thought. But not so if what I have to do is to just switch a turret from a central location to a fore superfiring one to win somewhat better firing arcs. Too much trouble for a very small profit :).

All that is compounded by the fact that the 25 de mayo is already being worked on (as the HY reports are already published) so I can't go back to change the reconstruction even if I wanted to do it.