Comments on the Mark

Started by Ithekro, March 22, 2007, 09:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithekro

The Rock Doctor

QuoteWhat puzzle's thee?

How does mine warfare, coastal patrol, and submarine warfare play into the Mark's naval strategizing?

Ithekro

Rohan is working of mine countermeasures, but no mines.

Coastal patrol is currently done by the destroyers, torpedo boats, and cruisers of the Mark.  As more torpedo boats are removed from service there may be a call for a more active patrol force and a return to the sloop/unarmored cruiser types.

Rohan has not yet encountered submarines, and thus is working on speculative information from the Pacific War at best.  They do not currently have plans of making submarines.

The Rock Doctor

QuoteIntended to be the most Powerfull ships afloat at the time of their compleation, the Asfolath class Battle Cruisers will be able to literaly out run anything they arnt capable of reducing to scrap.

"Aw, crap", said Admiral de Irujo.

Tanthalas

and here I thought you would be in love with them Rock.  Finaly getting to build my big beutiful Battle Cruiser feals REALY good
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

The Rock Doctor

If they belonged to me, I would love and cherish them.  I would snuggle the blueprints and commission a scratch-built model from Jef.

However...

I think the Colombians will see this as reason to give a good, hard look at the future of capital ship construction and how they ought to proceed.

Tanthalas

Rohan is planing 2 types.  the Fast BBs and slower more traditional BBs, the BBs will still be 22 knots and be more of them than the BCs for sure.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

The Rock Doctor

Rohan can afford it, though.  The Colombians are border-line in that regard, and I think escalating ship size - in the absence of any naval limitations treaties - will force me to a single form of capital ship, whether the plodding juggernaught, fast BB, or armored cruiser.

Desertfox

QuoteMTR-1 Thoron(Eagle) Fighter

Powerplant: 1 × Mannar Twin Row air-cooled Rotary Engine, 120 kW (160 hp)
That is going to be one hell of a though plane to fly.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Tanthalas

Quote from: Desertfox on January 10, 2010, 09:32:31 PM
QuoteMTR-1 Thoron(Eagle) Fighter

Powerplant: 1 × Mannar Twin Row air-cooled Rotary Engine, 120 kW (160 hp)
That is going to be one hell of a though plane to fly.

Yes it is, However it is within the lines of things people were doing as early as 1913.  and I have actualy "flown" the aircraft in question (its a handfull in X-plane with full realisim turned on) My rule of thumb is if I can take off, fly and land it its proly ok for our pilots.  If on the other hand I crash more than 5 times I figure the prototype is a lost cause.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Desertfox

How does it compare to a Sopwith Camel on XPlane?

Tanthalas

Quote from: Desertfox on January 10, 2010, 10:07:05 PM
How does it compare to a Sopwith Camel on XPlane?

its a bit harder to fly, but actualy its alot like flying a Fokker D.VIII, it turns realy relay well to the right and not to teribly to the left.  I have it set up as a shoulder wing monoplane for stability and preformance reasons (it allowed better bracing of the wings) so visibility down isnt the best.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Desertfox

If its harder to fly than a Sopwith Camel you have some real problems. Only the very best pilots will be able to fly it safely. Yeah, she'll be a good dogfighter, but you are going to lose a lot of pilots to accidents.

Tanthalas

Quote from: Desertfox on January 11, 2010, 12:03:04 AM
If its harder to fly than a Sopwith Camel you have some real problems. Only the very best pilots will be able to fly it safely. Yeah, she'll be a good dogfighter, but you are going to lose a lot of pilots to accidents.

for now all im going to have flying are my very best (determind by atrition generaly) the entire Rohinium airforce consists of 100 fighters and about 200 primary and secondary trainers.  Realy you can expect planes from Rohan to continue in this general vein, Fast, Agile, and "spirited" everything prized in war horses will be prized in the aircraft of the Mark (atleast initialy and I expect it to set the standard)
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

TexanCowboy

Oh, and 75 mph scouters from the CSA! :)