DKB Next Gen BC... maybe

Started by Sachmle, December 14, 2008, 09:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P3D

Strange capital ship lineup with 22.5-23-23.8-27-28kts speeds.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Sachmle

Quote from: P3D on December 22, 2008, 10:13:01 PM
Strange capital ship lineup with 22.5-23-23.8-27-28kts speeds.

Kaiser Wilhelm II class Linienschiffen: 22.89kts
Neue Nassau class Linienschiffen: 23.35kts

Scharnhorst class Schlachtkreuzers: 24.17kts
Moltke class Schlachtkreuzers: 28.01kts

Where is the 22.5kts, and the 23.8kts? As I presume you meant the 22.89 as the 23kts.

And unlike RL RN and HSF..I have NO intentions of using BCs as ships of the line..they are meant for independent actions.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

P3D

Was lazy to look up numbers :P

For independent operations - you might get them paired with 28kts KKs, slowing them down somewhat.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Sachmle

True..but to get 28kts I'd have to go 30k+tonnage..and that's too much. I'll probably end up just building a modified Moltke w/ the new 12/50 guns I'm developing. That's enough to kill any AC and w/ 28kts they can run from any BB...and I'll up the armor enough that the good BC will at least have to earn the kill.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim