Map of China

Started by Logi, November 16, 2008, 12:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logi

This a a mainly China map used to display the border between Imperial and Reformist.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/Logi_Hack/AmatuerDrawingofBorders2.png
The borders are drawn badly, with the border between the two Chinas the most accurate.

The Rock Doctor

This is Borys' suggestion for borders, based on linguistic boundaries.  I'm posting it due to his low-speed connectivity status.

Ignore all the battle stuff - that's from the historical 1911 event, not the N-verse event.

Logi

Its somewhat the same, although yours is better. I just rottated the map by mistake before screenshotting it.

Borys

Ahoj!
Thank you Rock for posting this.

After I did this map, I had some second thoughts:
- Kweichow could be added to the North
- Yunnan could be independent.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

The Rock Doctor

Hey, thanks for doing the map.

Logi

Logi

The current state of the rails system in China. It is the OTL rails added with the 8,300km of Rails the RRC laid down.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/Logi_Hack/Rails.png

Once I figure out where the next 16,000km of rails are to be, I'll draw that on as well.

Logi

Ok, the blue line is the RRC border, the Red is the MK border. There is some strangeness with the Tibet-MK-RRC border here.

The black line are the rails in place by the end of 1918 H1.

The purple line are the rails that will be placed (16,000km) by the RRC next.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/Logi_Hack/Rails2.png

Borys

Bambi must DIE!

ctwaterman

Great Work on the Map.

My question is how long did you allocate and how much $$$$ and BP to build the pure Military Railroad from Kunming to Mandalay ??????  To be honest its over 300 Km of the worst terrain in the world and even today probably wouldnt have a railway or road network if not for World War II and the Burma Road.

Charles
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Logi

Its not a pure military railroad; Its a civilian/military railroad.

To answer your question, original I planned to have it just straight away to it (blast through to build it), but as I compared the maps of OTL China's railroads, I saved a few hundred here and there on the planned 8,300km.

Some of these went to similar length railroads in other places and a hundred or so km went to the Kunming - Mandalay railroad. So this increase length accommodates for the addition cost of building such a railroad in such a hostile terrain.

Roughly 50km more allows for basic conformation to the terrain between the two cities, and a bit more allows even more conformation. The addition fake length to the railroad is to account for the addition cost of having to blast through obstacles.

I got lazy on the railroad maps and didn't show this, sorry.

Logi

A redone-map with the new 5500km of rails as of 1919/H2.

I've marked cities that the railroads pass through with yellow.

The bigger version.
http://yfrog.com/jb1919railslargep

EDIT: Older maps have been left with link only, to make it easy on those with slow connection speeds.

Borys

Ahoj!
Nice - and I still think that due to the terrain, Kunnming should be the terminus of the "wide" gauge system. The lines to Ha Noi and Mandalay should be 3'3" (or 1000mm).
Borys
Bambi must DIE!

ctwaterman

Do to Terrain and the recent treaty that mandated a railroad into Burma to be blunt that Railroad isnt complete Yet it will be years before its complete.... its either 4 or 5X as long as it is on the map or you had to blast a dozen tunnels throught the mountains.
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

damocles

The Japanese tried to build a RR in Burma. They COULDN'T; even with 100,000 slaves.

The Burma road which was far simpler and which used WW II American equipment and methods and 1 MILLION dedicated patriotic Chinese took 3 years and was SHORTER over  a better route.

I respectfully ask a foul ball on this one be declared.