Mailbox

Started by Logi, November 13, 2008, 03:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter

It is that one of the Wesworld guys has it in his encyclopedia and the name is given underneath picture...

Sachmle

Why is Wei Lei STILL at Hai Phong?
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Logi

Sorry, been to lazy to pay for repairs; I'll repair it in 1918/H1 :P

Sachmle

Quote from: Logi on November 22, 2009, 07:45:38 AM
Sorry, been to lazy to pay for repairs; I'll repair it in 1918/H1 :P

Fine, fine..but there are no docks at Hai Phong...so I think you'd have to tow her somewhere else to fix her since the repairs are to the hull from grounding.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Logi

Sachmle

Getting a little ahead of things aren't we? Panzerwerfer's in 1920? Only ~20yrs early.
Otto von Bismarck

Kaiser Wilhelm

Walter

Just like the Wurfrahmen 40 I mentioned a page back or so. :)

TexanCowboy

If he can introduce that, Latvia Romania is going to have to introduce this:

Walter

At least I can stick to Japanese stuff. :)

Logi

QuoteGetting a little ahead of things aren't we? Panzerwerfer's in 1920? Only ~20yrs early.
QuoteJust like the Wurfrahmen 40 I mentioned a page back or so.

The picture does not represent the capability of the system introduced. It just so happens the only example of RL Rocket Artillery occurred in WW2. If you read the stats, you notice the stats are hugely different between the Panzerwerfer and the BT-FX.

QuoteIf he can introduce that, Latvia Romania is going to have to introduce this:
Pretty picture =/= capability of system, TC.

damocles

How about the Goddard rocket of WW I?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think that is what we can legitimately expect with our current Nverse tech. It was about as effective as a very short ranged very inaccurate mortar bomb

< 1500 meters
< 1 kg burst charge of amitol or white phosphorus.

I suppose that you could use a version of the old Korean rocket battery used in the 15-16th Century against the Japanese  as a launcher model and deploy that as a 1924 Nebelwerfer, but I don't see us using Katushyas or Tiny Tims at all, not until 1937-1939 at least. We don't have the chemistry for the solid rocket fuels for things that big yet.

D.  

TexanCowboy

That's a Spitfire, Logi.....

Logi

@ TC: I was referring to my pictures, not yours. I know your picture's capabilities.

@Damcoles: The RRC does have access to that design, but why use Yang Quizi and less advanced designs, when you can fall back on a thousand year history of using rockets (and incorporate Goddard's design as well), and use them quite well? You forget China invented the rocket and reached pretty much it's principle until WW2 when the Germans beat them at it. Let's not forget any Korean rocket technology was stolen from the Chinese. Do I really ned to drag out all the historical rockets and technology by China for this?

Also, enlarging things is never a problem, the problem is efficiency. If you can build a 5kg solid fuel rocket, you can build a 50kg solid fuel rocket. The problem is that you never fixed the problems inherent in the design.

Added to the fact that China has already used such rockets in a very recent war and has researched rocket technology extensively even when it was not an actual tech, your point is mute.

Walter

QuoteLet's not forget any Korean rocket technology was stolen from the Chinese.
So that means I have rocket knowledge from my Chinese citizens and I got stolen rocket knowledge from the Korean citizens thus twice the knowledge you have. *runs away*  ;D
(but in that case 1+1=1)

Logi