Mailbox

Started by Logi, November 13, 2008, 03:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock Doctor

Hold on - occasionally we find that ports have been reduced in size due to battle damage, and are now technically too small for the slips/docks they have.  Aden's an example.

Go through our Archives, see if Fuzhou comes up in any old news or sim reports.  Might help determine what happened.

Logi

No, no I think it was simply that I didn't know the Port Size determined how big the dock could get. As proof, the Fuzhou port as given to me:

QuoteFuzhou, Hangzhou, and Xiamen - Type 1 Ports:  S1, D1, D0

This is an error I made and never caught. I think I had Fuzhou upgraded something in 1913, so its been quite some time. Anyways, as I haven't really been usuing Fuzhou to build anything (mostly building in Macau), I think I'll just have to upgrade it to Port Type 2 while using the dock as if it were a type 1. Sound good?

The Rock Doctor

That's fine.  Mistakes happen.

Walter

Due to the mistake, is it possible to switch it around with another port where you can build a type 2 slip? That way you're not forced to upgrade the port (or at least not right away).

Desertfox

Fuzhou was heavily damaged in the 1st Pacific War. In fact I think NS scorched earthed it, or at least tried to.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

The Rock Doctor

I think Fuzhou's where a Swiss division got trapped and clobbered - either way, the town got smashed pretty good, one imagines.  Still, there's been lots of time to rebuild.

Walter:  That's an option.

maddox

Several MK ports were stripped of infrastructure. Somewere in the NS several Chinese gantries and cranes are in use at naval shipyards.

Also, 2 MK CCBB's were caught pants down in Fuzhou by NS naval forces and sunk there.  All that scrap is still on the seabed.... After 10 years

Logi

Would it be alright if I switched a Slip 0 dock in Macau with the Slip 2 dock in Fuzhou?

maddox

I would prefer not, Macao was a mayor ACM port and ship building facility.
It was more than once a mayor battlescene in the past.

Logi

Well I don't have another type 2 port so I'll have to left it as it is then.

Walter

With so many planes around in existence and so many linedrawings to chose from, it surprises me that you decided to take the picture I used for the Ki-11R and hack that up to create your Flying Fish Y.II. I do expect a payment of $1.000000 per month for as long as you use that picture. ;D

Logi

Sorry stole it before you added the copyright ;D

Walter

Tell that to the Judge (bribed by Japan). ;D

Walter

... not sure though if it is efficient to turn the floats around. The rear end would create drag either in the water or in the sky. Also your maximum speed is 104 miles per hour and with an endurance of 2 hours, you'd never get a range of 280 miles.

Logi

Oh crap, I was adjusting the figures and I forgot about that :(

Probably, hmmm. Need to adjust the picture too.

Adjusted the endurance to 2.5 hours and the range was decreased to 260 mi.