Egyptian Design Studies 1912-1913

Started by Talos, September 06, 2008, 03:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sachmle

"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

ciders

So in fact, I have two battleships. But what kind of battleships ?

On my part of the forum, I have only 6 battleships : three sold to Gran Colombia and the three Kuffrah class.
The only difference, between the balls of July 14th and the French Revolution, it is the size of firecrackers and the direction towards which we launch them.

Christophe Barbier, French journalist

The Rock Doctor

Ex-CSA Texas class, by the looks of it.

Guinness

ciders

So, CSS Texas and CSS California are mine. Huhu, I can conquer Suez now. No, I didn't say I would conquer Suez.  :P

OK, two battleships in the OOB of Egypt. Good day isn't it ? ;)

The only difference, between the balls of July 14th and the French Revolution, it is the size of firecrackers and the direction towards which we launch them.

Guinness

Also, if you are interested in getting those two ships a refit, send me a PM, we might be able to work something out. Confederate yards, are, after all, familiar with the design. :)

Nothing radical, but maybe a refreshing of the equipment and machinery, etc. etc. Might be a fun springsharp project for one of us if you are game.

maddox

You can easely conquer Suez.  There is only half a corp, and no permanent fleet.

And Glorious France has yards available where any of your dreams of power can be worked out.  Pity the only type 5 drydock in Marseille is in use.

ciders

Pfff... With your only detachment in Djibouti, you can destroy all my poor fleet. The Egyptian Fleet is the biggest joke who sailed these last years.  ::)

Thanks for your proposition Guiness, but I think it's easily for me to buy two " new " battleships. I must use my $40 of revenue.  ;)

TexanCowboy

Ohhh, I wouldn't say that. You had guns in your fleet that had more than 4.72''. I had a grand total of 17 warships, and 8 of them were 76 tons. 12 of them quailifed as destroyers at my tech level, and 4 more at the next one.  :)

ctwaterman

*chuckles*

Its all a matter of perspective and looking up hill....Both of you are larger then New Zion, and are smaller then the Mid Level Powers, which are smaller then the Large Power who then are smaller then say Rohan and France.

A PDN or two for presitge purposes is fine but realistically both your nations need strong costal defense forces to protect your costal waters.  Actual Torpedo Boats using the MAS rules small costal subs, and mine warfare ships and Destroyers.

Good Alliance or relations with your neighbors wouldnt hurt either.   As an Example Italia couldnt Survive with a Hostile France on our Borders.  Find a friendly person nearbye and work something out.  Oh an always get it in writting :)
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

TexanCowboy

Yes. Here's the problem. Borys doesn't respond to anything. No one plays the Ottomans, and even though they have milktr, signing a alliance with them would be a bad idea, with the southern cross(AKA Gran Columbia) and Austria-Hungray breathing down my back, along with the Barvarian's(Lepizing pact)Then there's Russia, who, doesn't respond, and Egypt, who is too weak to force the Dardellens if need be(War Plan Orion). That leaves me with three options. Joining the Southern Cross Allaince, which I may do, if not for VERY bad relations with the Ottomans. Then we have the Nassau and the Lepizing Pact. Both somewhat hate each other, and I have good relation with the Lepizing's. However, the only navy who could crack the Dardellens if need be is the ESC and the Dutch, both too far way to do a thing. The Nassau's do have a good navy that could crack the Dardellens, all of them, but that would mean sacificing my econmic and military ties to the Lepizing, which, while not a allainces yet, is the closest thing I have besides the RRC, who is WAY too far away and has a very weak navy. So, what should I do.

Tanthalas

Leach and hope, while spaming Borys with PMs.  Atleast thats what I would do in your posistion
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Sachmle

Borys will answer, he was on vacation. He ALWAYS answers. And good relations w/ the Austrians has benifits. ;)

However, while NPC, Romania kinda pissed off Austria and Russia by not letting either of them move troops through Romania. The Austrians to attack the Ottomans, the Russians to prevent the Austrians from taking Romania while they were there. I think the Leipzig Pact stood up for Romania during that event.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

TexanCowboy

Then, you see, I have 2 options. The Lepizing and the Nassau. I'm leaning toward the nassau, because they have more obsolete ships I can buy at cheaper prices then the Lepizing, but that ignoreing a lot of aid ive recieve. The most recent was from the ESC, and it was essential.

The Rock Doctor

Alternately, you make Romania a tought little nut to crack, and stay neutral while playing larger powers against each other if necessary.