Never-Were's

Started by Valles, August 07, 2008, 07:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valles

Besides testing my shiny new avatar and sigfile, this post is a chance to air out some design art I did based on the idea of importing the Confederate 13.5" main gun design. The accompanying SS's were done before I decided against AON for the Maori battle-line and while I was under the mistaken impression that my source for the turret design, Oklahoma, carried 15" guns, so... they won't be appearing here. But I don't want the pictures to go to waste, so.

I'm planning on rebuilding my computer and nuking the hard drive with prejudice, see, so they'll probably be lost if I don't get them up now. The names will probably eventually be used for whatever designs I build, and the layouts may or may not change much... but the real deal won't be exactly like these.

Strada is a fairly conventional and straightforward design, but this sketch is unlikely to bear much resemblance to the 'real' version, which I expect to be A-QR-X.

The side echelon turrets on Mach Caliber were intended as a measure to lower her center of gravity a bit, for stability's sake. Given the midships' guns firing arcs put on deck space, I thought I'd try and steal a page each from IJNS Yamato and garage doors across the world, putting her boats below the weather deck. My current thinking is A-Q-XY for the 'real' versions.

Kerykeion Boost is the design that's likely to change the least when it actually gets built; I really like the way the raised centerline secondaries look and think that she's otherwise quite solid.

Unfinished art of the ultimate Maori battleship class, the Reinforce 2 and her sisters. I'll probably split those three ships into two or even three different classes, none of which will use the AB-XY layout.
======================================================

When the mother ship's cannon cracked the signal to return
The clouds were building bastions in the swirling up above
Poseidon the King and the Wind his jester
Dancing with the Lightning Lady Fair
Dancing with the Lightning Lady Fair

Jefgte

Interresting Studies
I like particulary AQY with centerline secondaries superfiring.

Jef  ;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Borys

Ahoj!
The KKK likes the Mach Calibre - sensible twins, and no superfiring.
Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!