New Switzerland

Started by Desertfox, March 07, 2007, 04:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P3D

Myself I have my problems with this "let's operate 8000nm from our nearest bases ad do some land-grabbing" attitude.
Second, you only talked about having Jamaica and Philippines attacked - in the same time you were busy integrating Taiwan which you got back the previous month.
And IIRC you posted your 1905Q1 report on the old site. That means you concluded your 1904Q4 activities with getting Taiwan back and doing some fruitless meddling in the Caribbean.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Desertfox

Buying is different from "land-grabbing" and the deal was conducted by the Q-ship Ulysses, no NSN units where involved. With the Beleriand Canal nearing completion NS started looking for an Atlantic base, the Virgins fit the bill.

Jamaica was attacked by a few Special Forces supported not by NSN units but Mesoamerican ships.

Taiwan was Maddox's idea not mine but it fit nicely in with Operation Enduring Justice.

The Quarter report has nothing to do with land, as neither the Virgins or Phillipines have much to offer in terms of HBP/MBPs.

And frankly why is everyone so much against NS "land-grabbing"? I mean GC, DKB, UKA, OR, and Austria have done alot more and no one has really peeped about them. Im just taking HALF the Phillipines and BUYING some TINY islands in the Atlantic. Its not Cuba, Jamaica, Amazonas, Namibia, Angola, Bahamas, Azores, Malta, Aden, parts of Brazil, Catadunes, parts of Africa, etc.

New Switzerland has a fearsome reputation* and I have yet to gain ANY spoils of war. There has to be a reason for that reputation.

*I dont know where it came from, Attacked without warning at Hong Kong,  Attacked without warning at Taipei, merchant attacked without reason (Rustbucket), warship destroyed without reason at Manila Bay, etc etc.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

P3D

Yes it does. You should not post any quarterly report until you are done with the previous one.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Desertfox

My news always lag behind my reports, just ask anyone from Wesworld. Its not like I have all the time of the World.

P3D

I am not really interested if you are lagging with the news. In our special case it was not posted before everyone got kicked out. We basically froze the world as it was before migrating here.  Anything not posted on the old forum and involving other countries did not happen.
Then we debated the world for three or two weeks, and we agreed on it. I do not want to have any additional delays starting the sim with another month debating a few useless piece of real estate. Period.
If you want to lease one (economically worthless for the owner) island on the Caribbean, talk other players who would lease it to you for $1 or 2, and you have the base you want. Not that you could not afford it.

maddox

Desertfox.  As moderator on the old forum I was god.

I gave all the people here who want to take that burden from me and share it all the info we (meaning Desertfox and Maddox) talked about.

In a secluded session we're concluding what you gained, and what not.  1905 was a year of changes.  France for example, still powerfull, but diminished severely.  New Swiss didn't lose a thing, it just moved a bit, but you also didn't lose the undying  Middle Kingdom hatred. Just to give an example.

OOC, Phoenix doesn't hate you ...

Ithekro

Might I suggest that the Swiss hold on there late 1904 and 1905 actions and save them for 1906 storylines.  It will be much more interesting if this was actaully payed out fresh than on stapled on a sinking ship the older forum was at the end of all things.

Besides, I think Foxy's going to have a new neighbor to play with...Thawn's making waves in the Lakes of Many Lost Lives, and wishes to expand his rule for the glory of the all seeing one.  (How's a mixed semi-muslim/Haradrim group sound?)

P3D

If Harad has anything to do with the Lord of the Rings, it sounds bad.

swamphen

Quote from: Ithekro on March 18, 2007, 06:23:35 PMThawn's making waves in the Lakes of Many Lost Lives, and wishes to expand his rule for the glory of the all seeing one.  (How's a mixed semi-muslim/Haradrim group sound?)
*Ommminous Hummmmm*

Borys

Ahoj!
Desertfox - you get Taiwan and Hainan.
Neither Philippines nor Virgin Islands.
This is final.
Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Ithekro

Want to help, Swamphen?

As for the Swiss, I can confirm Borys' statement based on a rather drawn out debate.  That doesn't mean you can't advance on the Philippines or Virgins in 1906 however.

Desertfox

Swampy+Ithekro Aeiiii!!!

So late 1904 actions can now be considered late 1905? That sounds OK, if the lands in question remain the same (Phillipines split not joined)

And what in the world would I want Hainan for? The only piece of China I want is Hong Kong and that is up to Phoenix.

P3D

With Miketr there to react.
Alhough I'd prefet to wait one or two turns to see how the rules work out.

swamphen

Quote from: Ithekro on March 18, 2007, 08:26:40 PM
Want to help, Swamphen?

As for the Swiss, I can confirm Borys' statement based on a rather drawn out debate.  That doesn't mean you can't advance on the Philippines or Virgins in 1906 however.

Depends on how much help...seems I'll be a little more stretched out than I thought (Peru Protectorate).

Desertfox

Swampy I was going to ask you to design a few "German" style Great Lakes ships, as the DKB helping the Muslims/Haradrim, with NS returning the favor with the Jews in Lake Vikktoria. If no problem with Ithekro feel free to do so.