NUS Small vessels for 1912

Started by Sachmle, May 08, 2008, 11:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jefgte

Why did you use old engines (1909) on a 1912 DD ?

With 1912 or 1913engines , you could have a faster DD.

so, nice drawing - Elegant DD

Jef  ;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Sachmle

Quote from: Jefgte on May 16, 2008, 02:17:37 AM

Why did you use old engines (1909) on a 1912 DD ?

With 1912 or 1913engines , you could have a faster DD.

so, nice drawing - Elegant DD

Jef  ;)

Thanks for the compliment on the drawing. As to the engines, I believe Borys's PM should explain, but if not: Basically I have, as of this time in Nverse, 1909 SS Year Engine tech. I'm in the process of incorporating 1912 SS Year engine tech, but as of yet do not posses it, so I must use the most advanced SS Year engine tech I have. Our engine tech is predicated on the SS Engine year, as I tried to explain earlier. I probably should have did a better job of explaining in the PM.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Jefgte

In the shipyards, engines are installed nearly in the middle of the building.

For a DD laid down in 1912, engines are manufactured in 1912 & installed in the hull in 1913.

That mean  you have the 1912 techno.

Jef  ;)
Surcouf

P3D

In Nverse, you need to have all the technologies at the time of laying down. Without having the engine developed, its parameters are unknown, thus could not be used in the design. Also, while engines might be installed midway through the building, they must be ordered well before the ship is laid down, so they'd be ready.

Similarly, you also need to have the guns and gun mounts developed in advance which you want to install on a battleship.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Jefgte

OK

That is not the engine built but the engine ordered

:D :D :D

Jef  ;)
Surcouf

P3D

Quote from: Jefgte on May 16, 2008, 04:19:15 AM
OK

That is not the engine built but the engine ordered

:D :D :D

Jef  ;)
And some lead items were started when the ship was ordered, so it would be ready when the time for installation came.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas