United Kingdom

Started by Earl822, March 07, 2007, 01:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl822

I'd like to ask to retain all of the UKA's techs for the United Kingdom, including those that I was planning to acquire in 1905, all one of them.
I also reckon that the UK's starting Infrastructure under the old rules would be the following

14.5HBP (8 in the UK, 3.5 in New England, 3 in Azores)
17MBP(if you include the factories being built at France's expense)(7 UK, 1 Iceland, 1 Newfoundland, 1 Bahamas, 2 Azores, 4 New England, 1 Liberia)
13MP/6.5LBP(5 UK, 1 Gibraltar, 1 Liberia, 1 Bahamas, 1 Newfoundland, 1 Azores, 1 Iceland, 2 New England)

This I believe is reasonable, and is what is the UKA's possession.

Any comments?

Borys

Ahoj!
Comments:
1 - the UK, i.e. the late "E" country will be revamped
2 - Gibraltar is Russian
3 - too small population for what you listed - the British Isles are 10 MP alone.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Earl822

This is the UKA transfered to the UK, and in this Gibralter is part of the UK, otherwise known as the late Norman Empire, crushed by France.

Desertfox

Russia is no more here, it got broken up.

Gibraltar, Bahamas, Newfoundland, Azores, or Iceland have enough population for 1 MP each, so that can easily be transpalanted to the UK.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Earl822

If people wish to vote me a larger population, so be it. ;D

P3D

Any reason why UKA should have the highest HBP of all?
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Ithekro

Well if it was facing off against France I'd say that was a good reason, like if Russia had been faced off against France, but with the heavies as allies, it just doesn't work well.

You had basically 10.5 (how do you have half a factory?) with the UKA and then the ACM factories on the Azores and Bahamas, correct?

maddox

That half HBP- the other half is French- is a share in the aluminium smelter in Canada.

Borys

Ahoj!
I think I am not comfortable with your, Earl, cherry picking of territories in the North Atlantic area. Nor with the grafting of the UKA onto a different geogaphic location.

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

maddox

The UKA's "cherry picking" was the result of an alliance between politicians.

OOC
Who else in the North Atlantic was "playing"?

France- what I tried to keep as inept as possible-
The Netherlands under JLdog who was inactive for  quarters at a time

The CSA under RLBH, with the same issue.

The ACM and the IC, who I never had the pleasure to talk To, even trought PM"s

We had the Baltics for a brief moment. As wel as Spain.

Earl822

I was getting bored in the UKA, very hard to start with nothing, and build an empire when the entire world is already called for.

The UKA also has a very small fleet, presently  with only 15 light Cruisers, the high HBP will allow me to put the fleet nearer to a par with other nations.

at the end of 1904 the UKA has 9.5HBP of its own, and 5 from the Azores, with all but 2 requiring repair

I intend to now play a nation that is allied to its old foe, as was the UKA, but instead of ruthless empire building, is striving to build its superiority through arms, and trade.

Borys

Ahoj!
1 - bored - take a new country. I see the scope of the UKA gaining interesting overseas possessions in 1905 (Azores are fixed), but not grafting the whole lot
2 - small fleet - boohoo - I have 7 HBP and I'm not complaining; you only have yourself to blame, you set up the country

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

P3D

I have very similar views to Borys'.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Earl822

I am offering to solve several problems at once, I still have a greatly reduced holding in America, which allows my old storylines some basis, especially the problems with the natives.

I am after something different yet the same, this move also by its very nature, eliminates the E problem. On the territories front, give Iceland to Denmark, and Bermuda back to the BL.

The BP I have here, I have in the old N-verse. I won't be adding anything built before 1905 to my fleet from the UKA, so I have a single coast fleet, now patrolling an Ocean.

I have limited myself by splitting my MP, and LBP between North America and the UK. This is a feasible solution, and if it is ripped apart totally, and I end up with the UKA back, I'm afraid I'll just go back to the old sim.

Desertfox

I dont see a problem with the new UKA. I do see a problem with it being allied to the other North Pacific power. However the new UKA is actually easier to integrate historiclly. No French & Indian War resulting in no American revolution, however the slave problems pops up earlier than historical resulting in the CSA breaking of from the UK American colonies.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html