UNK Light BB

Started by Blooded, February 29, 2008, 03:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P3D

Quote from: blooded on April 01, 2008, 01:33:52 PM
Hello,

Here is the latest.

You forgot to draw the ship past the mainmast  ;).
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Borys

Ahoj!
The DRAWING is beautiful!
Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Blooded

Hello,

Ooops, I knew I forgot something! Pass me that spanner...

CanisD is the man, I should peruse Wesworld more.

Korpens right, I should figure out how to reduce it for a T1 dock. I forgot about that since I was reducing it from 420'. But then again the 400' Hull is laid it may be too late.

As too separating the posts, they are all about the one vessel. Her purpose is still to replace the older Predreds. Yes, Dreds are more efficient per ton but I feel I need at least 10 ships for Coastal Defence(4 NA, 4 UK, 2 Azores). So Cost and Tonnage and number of Hulls are the main factors.

I would prefer at this stage to go to Korps smaller design or a variation, but I already laid two 12K Light BBs in Boston. The hull is the same size, but the guns went forward and one superfired. Armor is less. $0.01 and .037 Tons difference in Price.

I thought I had a handle on SS, but others have shown their superiority. Maybe it's time for some advisors.  :)
"The black earth was sown with bones and watered with blood... for a harvest of sorrow on the land of Rus'. "
   -The Armament of Igor