complications

Started by Earl822, March 16, 2007, 05:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl822

Can I just say how bloody confused I am by all the new rules, and that I now believe the sim has become more complex.

I will now be reconsidering my place here.

Borys

Ahoj!
It first is like a fight with cobwebs in the darkness, and then - SNAP - everything becomes clear. I am still in the arm waving in the darkness stage, but I see some glimmers of light ....
Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Earl822

I've being doing that, and it gets worse.

P3D

What do you find complicated?
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Ithekro

I think we all find it complicated...I found our old rules complex until we played out a few quarters, then we figured out all the steps, then it was just a matter of plugging in ships, troops and points...a few numbers in a simple calculator or in you head it you like, and a sim report is done.  Sometimes you can do several at a time in Word and save them for later (Swamphen does this I think, and I do to some extent).

Lets just get the world in order to our mutual satisfaction and play out a sim year.  If you still don't like thing, we'll either see what we can do about it, or if we find the rules really are too complex for the majority....maybe we can which back to the older style with enough tweaks to make it stable.

Earl822

Firstly, all of the additional stuff that before only mods worried about like relative gun and armour qualities, all of which are superfluous.
Secondly, I now admit it took me a whole year of the old rules to get them working properly for me, and the same will probably be true here if I stay.

My confusion isn't helped my be relatively pood health, caused by my uni diet.

Borys

Ahoj!
Red meat.
Sleep more, party less, keep off booze and drugs.
That's what I say NOW.
I'm an university kickout - guess why?

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

The Rock Doctor

It's complicated, but I find I only need to understand some parts of it right now:  the basic ship/army building stuff, the R&D, and how to do a sim report.  Sorting out the railways, merchant marine, fortifications...all that can wait until I feel like doing something with them.

P3D

Railway and merchant marine rules are optional, and only guidelines for when we'd need it. Ignore them. Fortifications too if you don't have any.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Earl822

Good, I never bothered with Forts. My main annoyance was spending nearly 30000tons on ships with oil firing, and then being told I didn't have it.

P3D

We are currently working on the oil firing stuff.

Earl822

Ok, good. I am sorry for my outburst about it.

Borys

Ahoj!
We forgive!
We love you anyway!
Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Phoenix

Trust me, there is none on this forum who more hates the rules than I do. I still cannot comprehend them. I start reading and my brain shuts down. It won't keep me from participating but <sob, whimper> it hurts so.
this is a desperate cry for HELP !!!
"Those who dance are often thought mad by those who cannot hear the music."
-- Tao Te Ching

Borys

Bambi must DIE!