Europe

Started by olekit, November 02, 2007, 09:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borys

I know I included Sachsen and Schlesien in the Bavarian total ...
lemme see, rough 1905 pop.
Bavaria - 6,5M
Wurtemberg and Baden - 4,5M
Sachsen - 4,5M
Schlesien - 5M

This roughly adds up to that 21M.
So I don't think that the Hessens and Nassau made it into Bavaria - that would add 3M.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Borys

P3D - what do you remember from the Bavarian gestation process?
With Hessen or without?

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: Korpen on September 03, 2008, 01:54:50 AM
Think this spot is better for discussion then the treaties forum :)

The maps I've been posting have been in Geography :)  I didn't notice this thread earlier.

I recently posted some different potential looks for the Franco-Baltic-Bavarian border in the Geography version.

Edit : I included this in my initial post, it's what Borys told Bazhell were the boundaries of Bavaria on the German side. Nassau is not mentioned, Hessen is.

Kingdoms of Bavaria, Sachsen, Wurtemberg, and the Grand Duchies of Hessen (border runs on the Rhine) and of Baden, all the Thuringian riff-raff
Schlesien* , Sachsen-Anhalt**, Hessen (border runs on the Rhine), Hohenzollern

*Silesia
** Sachsen-Anhalt extends north to just west of Berlin and includes Halle and Madeburg. I have mapped this as Baltic Confederacy.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Kaiser Kirk

Possibly this should be an entirely new thread.
If so, somebody can feel free to move. But since my Bavarian efforts were sentenced here....

As an outgrowth of trying to map the Bavarian boundaries I wound up with a decent part of Europe done. I felt I could try to do the rest, at least within the bounds of my map.  That is 1956 Atlas map, scanned in. Relates to modern day a bit better.

I am dead certain parts are 'wrong', namely I have no Hapsburg/Greek boundary, or Greek/Ottoman., the Hapsburg/Ukraine boundary is wierd, etc.

I did try to copy the Highlands line Borys shows, and was tickled to note my family name on the Irish portion of that map. However they stuck it slightly north of where we were based in the 1300s. Grrrr.

The map was carefully scanned to be just under 1mb in size, allowing for Photobucket use.

Let me know what and how to improve :)

edit: old map removed

Borys

Lovely.
Some corections, to be best of my ability

Fixed border in Galicia, Riga and Sworge Peninsula added to Ukraine, frontiers on Balkans shown/corrected.
There should be, I think, a tongue of French territory extending to the Rhine north of Pfalz.

Not sure about Tunisia extending into Algeria.
Bambi must DIE!

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: Borys on November 16, 2008, 12:31:06 AM
Lovely.
Some corections, to be best of my ability

Great

Fixed border in Galicia, Riga and Sworge Peninsula added to Ukraine, frontiers on Balkans shown/corrected.

Thank you. I had drawn the Galicia one from the world map, which shows it much further south .  I had no idea you had Kracow, thats going to effect something I was going to post :) 
Well at least that means those Austrian brickwork add ons to Kracow Castle will be there, quite nice looking :)

There should be, I think, a tongue of French territory extending to the Rhine north of Pfalz.

Not sure about Tunisia extending into Algeria.

The French tongue was a subject of discussion in the Bavarian part of this. I went so far as to post set of possible borders.  At that time the impression I was given was that the ESC and Netherlands felt a French border extending to the Rhine would have substantially altered the strategic picture and past decisions.  As such the French tongue was dropped from my mapping efforts.

The current rendition, with French Saar and Luxembourg, does fairly well match the twin bulges of the World map.

As for Tunisia, thats what the world map appears to show, but I can always correct it.

Ok, I'm getting to this late Sunday, and am busy Monday, so I may not get an altered map posted back up until Tuesday.

Borys

Quote from: Kaiser Kirk on November 17, 2008, 12:50:45 AM

The French tongue was a subject of discussion in the Bavarian part of this. I went so far as to post set of possible borders.  At that time the impression I was given was that the ESC and Netherlands felt a French border extending to the Rhine would have substantially altered the strategic picture and past decisions.  As such the French tongue was dropped from my mapping efforts.

The current rendition, with French Saar and Luxembourg, does fairly well match the twin bulges of the World map.

IMO Maddox has final say on this, he should know best what he was left with.

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Blooded

Hello,

I had figured that the Moonsun archipelago was in Russian hands as they are considered to be part of Estonia. I already emplaced some 8" Guns for Coastal Defense on the Sõrve Peninsula. If that is not the case I will need to move them.
"The black earth was sown with bones and watered with blood... for a harvest of sorrow on the land of Rus'. "
   -The Armament of Igor

Borys

I originally awarded the Sorve Peninsula to Ukraina as to make it more dificult to block access to Riga.
But maybe I over did it, and this arrangament is not realistic? Or then again, maybe some clever Vladimir's minion realised that sliver of land's importance and cliamed it for him?

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Blooded

It really does not matter a whole lot, as stated I would just need to move them.

I also noticed that in olekits original map(first post-this thread) the entire archipeligo was granted to the Ukraine.

I can go either way on it.  :) Ukraine does have more at stake in the gulf of Riga.
"The black earth was sown with bones and watered with blood... for a harvest of sorrow on the land of Rus'. "
   -The Armament of Igor

Borys

I designed Ukraina, so I should know what the borders are to be.
:)

Bavaria was delimited by comitee, hence the problems with its exact borders :D

So, the Sorge Peninsula stays Ukranian. The remainder is in Russian hands.

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Kaiser Kirk

Ok, Try #2.

On the helpful tips Borys made :
Ukraine - Corrected
Galicia - drew borders to 1815 map
Greece/Ottoman/Hapsburg - Followed Borys I think. Compression blurred image.
Tunis- Went back to base Navalism map rather than a smaller version, line is clearer and pretty much N-S, so corrected.

Rhineland Pfalz - I have no clue who is better suited on that border. The suggested redraw does pick up Bonn, which the ESC currently maintains a fortress in.

<map removed, see end of thread>

P3D

France should have much more of the Rheinland, not only Saarbrucken.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Korpen

Quote from: P3D on November 22, 2008, 01:56:55 PM
France should have much more of the Rheinland, not only Saarbrucken.
Why?
I thought that this had already been discussed and settled for that matter.
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

Kaiser Kirk

It was discussed back when I was working on just Bavaria, and I posted a collage of possible borders. At that time the only feedback was that France shouldn't be flanking the Netherlands because that would have effected the past strategic situation.  For that matter, the way Borys drew it, Bonn is in France, yet Ledeper has a Fortress there.

Me,  have no clue other than the Navalism Map, which does not to me show France as having anything beyond the Saar and Luxembourg. I have PM'd both Maddox and Ledeper to take a look, but neither have chimed in yet.