The first Baltic Confederation Dreadnougth

Started by ledeper, October 26, 2007, 11:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanthalas

oh im not BC I was proposing a design that Italia is capable of building.  (to my knowlage im still the only one that can do SF and all centerline)  Although everyone else is closing in on me fast in that respect (and i still only have one of them ><)
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Ithekro

Rohan is ahead of you slightly in that field, just they have been quiet on the shipbuilding front for a little while (still need to put up my sim report).  Rohan has just finished a nine gun Battlecruiser armed with 12 inch guns in triple turrets and is abut to lay down a third to its class.  New Rohirrim ships will probably be designed for 1909.  The teo Battleships currently uner construction are armed with eight 14 inch guns in twin turrets.  Both classes use superfiring turrets.  Rohan was also the nation in Navalism to build ships with stacked turrets (like the Kentucky and Virginia classes) useing twin 9 inch guns over 11 inch guns. This did ont work so good, bt the ships are presently retained as coastal battleships.

The Baltic Fleet needs to be able to make any Russian or Ukranian attempts to move on the Swedish or German coast.  The Northern Fleet needs to be able to engage the UKA and perhaps French Forces in at least a standoff engagement if things ever turn bad in the North Sea or Northern Atlantic.

Carthaginian

CSA can do it as well, just hasn't yet as the Nuevo Leon class was conceived prior to our being able to build them, and has been judged adequate for the next 5-10 years for general service due to weight of shell and armor protection.

But you better believe that the CSA has all centerline, superfiring designs in the works.
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

Tanthalas

hehehe i figured as much thats why i said to my knowlage, I knew someone else had to be capable of building them, also i just got 14" guns.  my bbs cary 12" mains atm im working on a 14" bb but im not sure ill be able to build them any time soon.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Borys

Ahoj!
I just discovered that this ship is a little beyond available Baltikum technology.
Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Tanthalas

ya i was posting versions that could be built with outside help.  (i myself have the 13.5"/14" gun, but I dont have a mount for it yet.  tripple 12" I have though, so it is possible that I may rework my 9x12" ship for my next bb
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650