SS-3 and a Possible problem... oh and a NEW ship!

Started by Tanthalas, October 24, 2007, 11:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanthalas

Im actualy working on a pic... Im using Alt Navals virtual shipyard on this project.  hang around a few i will have it finished but i can tell you the guns fit
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

P3D

Quote from: Ithekro on October 25, 2007, 02:51:07 PM
Her turrets, barbettes and I think her conning tower were even thicker, up to 16 and 18 inches of armor.
13" barbettes, 18" turret faces. And hope the thinned portion of the belt won't be hit when the ship steams fast.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

P3D

Quote from: Tanthalas on October 25, 2007, 02:58:16 PM
Im actualy working on a pic... Im using Alt Navals virtual shipyard on this project.  hang around a few i will have it finished but i can tell you the guns fit

Problem with Alt Naval's proggie that is does not consider barbette diameters at all.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Tanthalas

Quote from: P3D on October 25, 2007, 03:05:02 PM
Quote from: Tanthalas on October 25, 2007, 02:58:16 PM

Problem with Alt Naval's proggie that is does not consider barbette diameters at all.

LOL no no no I already know 14s would fit in the hull im trying to fogure out if SS is being honest with me on belt length... which from what I have so far it apears it was.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War