Blighted players

Started by Borys, March 15, 2007, 11:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borys

Ahoj!
E-mail me your home addresses, and I will mail you DVDs with the old board.
You will need to download WinHTTrack from
http://www.httrack.com/
PMs are gone forever.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

The Rock Doctor

Unnecessary in my case.  I have what I need.

So the whole board get wiped or what?

P3D

At least van Owen can make the sim he wants without the interference of the others, and fight WWI with Bismarcks and Iowas.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Borys

Ahoj!
Rock - more  or less.
Borys
Bambi must DIE!

The Rock Doctor

Ah well...it was bound to happen eventually.

Jutland with KGV and Vanguards vs Bismarcks and H-44s would be...different...

Ithekro

All the news, treaties, sim reports, and infrustructure pages are gone.  Some of the Encyclopedia stuff is gone, but not all.

Land, sea, and air boards are still intact I think, as is the meeting board and other stuff. above or below the reports and news.

Walter

QuoteSome of the Encyclopedia stuff is gone, but not all.
I quickly headed for the old board and grabbed what I needed before that too vanished.
... now to check all those sims and see what needs to be fixed...

The Rock Doctor

Their new approach over there is interesting; for instance, my handle has been changed to "The Gay Doctor".  Good thing I don't plan to visit there again, I don't think I could handle the wit.

P3D

I made some civil comments as a guest about why a dozen former members decided to leave the sim as an unregistered user. Then Borys informed me that my new posts were deleted within few minutes while he was reiding them, and the site access was changed to members only.

Well, good luck for van Owen to find new players.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Borys

u r mean!11! that board roxxor so much it is member only
Bambi must DIE!

Korpen

I just feel this is funny, as i had no idea about the politics around this game. It simply feels so bizarre, it seems someone had taken this so personally, when it is just a game. It is sad really.
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

The Rock Doctor

Agreed.  Given who's now at which board, I don't think we're going to have that kind of problem here.

Game on!

Ithekro

I think I'm one of the few left with access to the other board.  Desertfox and Earl should also have access still.  Our nations are still intact so we can move stuff if we like.  I think I've moved most of it aside from the stuff in the Naval design threads and the Jane's Fighting Ships section.  I don't know if we need that as that is simple versions of the SS files converted to Jane's style from this time period.

The Rock Doctor

Anybody got back-ups of the New Swiss stuff?  Foxy's been generally absent the last few days, he might not be aware of the purging go on there.  Be a shame if his stuff got wiped before he got back to move it.

Ithekro

No, New Switzerland and Siam got nuked, aside from one file on "General Information".  Almost everything in the other threads is gone too.  Some older counties that had data but no player are intact, I suppose to be used as NPCs.  I find it sad that so much has been thrown out.