Hmmm... Should I? (Pre-Dread Refit)

Started by Carthaginian, September 12, 2007, 10:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P3D

Historical oil production is limited to Borneo/Java/Sumatra. Other oil fields - like those on Swiss owned islands- are marginal and came to production later (read: after the 1950s).

I thought Tarakan was more important, apparently not.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

swamphen

One thing I would be concerned about is the added weight of the longer calibre main guns, will they still fit or will they cause the ship to heel when they're trained out? IIRC both the Spanish and Japanese historically found this out the hard way (although with original equipment guns!)...

Carthaginian

Quote from: swamphen on September 14, 2007, 07:58:24 PM
One thing I would be concerned about is the added weight of the longer calibre main guns, will they still fit or will they cause the ship to heel when they're trained out? IIRC both the Spanish and Japanese historically found this out the hard way (although with original equipment guns!)...

The turrets have been modified... counterweights have been bolted to the rear of the turrets to account for the increase in weight. This is accounted for in the addition of an insane amount of Misc weight.
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.