New Swiss Submarine

Started by Desertfox, July 25, 2007, 02:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthaginian

Quote from: Desertfox on August 13, 2007, 04:38:29 PM
Yes I have the technology, just acquired it in fact:
1905 Cutting Edge(+3):Diesel engines, Land, airship and naval engines up to 750HP, 75 HP aeroplane engines

But I might reduce underwater speed to 9kts, an extra knot doesnt really make a difference.

Eh... if you got the tech, use it.
I just couldn't find it listed under your country's entry in the encyclopedia, and was honestly checking. I knew not many had that level of ICE tech.
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

Korpen

Quote from: Desertfox on August 13, 2007, 07:32:11 PM
Unless my maps have serious errors, I can count but one allied base within 1,000 miles of the area, and it happens to be in Swiss hands. In fact the only allied piece of land within 1,000 miles is Buru and last time I checked there was nothing there.
Plenty of allied land closer then 1000nm, clebes for one.
Put it like this, there are seven fleet tenders in the world, four are Dutch, two are austrian...
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

Desertfox

It is in the encyclopedia but in the Army one not the Navy's.

Celebes was Allied, but you don't know that (IC)...

Fleet tenders work but they are not ports, and I have my doubts about Chinese 1st Generation subs being able to operate from Dutch tenders, language itself is a problem. Even then it's 500 miles from Buru to the Arafura Sea, the subs need at least 1,500 miles of range at cruise speed.

"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

maddox

Desertfox, if the MK subs couldn't get to the NEI, they wouldn't be there.

But there are several options. After all, those small submarines only weight 250 ton.

Ever heard of a tool called "crane" and a kind of seagoing vessel with long range and large cargo capacity called merchant ship?

And that is only 1 potential solution.

P3D

Quote from: Desertfox on August 13, 2007, 10:49:34 PM
It is in the encyclopedia but in the Army one not the Navy's.

Celebes was Allied, but you don't know that (IC)...

Fleet tenders work but they are not ports, and I have my doubts about Chinese 1st Generation subs being able to operate from Dutch tenders, language itself is a problem. Even then it's 500 miles from Buru to the Arafura Sea, the subs need at least 1,500 miles of range at cruise speed.

One party used anchorages and very small harbors to support surface fleet operations and such. The subs could have just replenish and refuel and Buru.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

maddox

Quote from: Korpen on August 13, 2007, 10:27:19 PM
Plenty of allied land closer then 1000nm, Celebes for one.
Put it like this, there are seven fleet tenders in the world, four are Dutch, two are austrian...

There are 9 in the world. 2 MK ones too. And one isn't in home waters.

Desertfox

But we don't know anything about them even OOC and we should. Even information, on Vesuvius and the 'Black Cats' which are totally secret IC, is available OOC.

The method by how the subs got there or stayed there is not importants as it doesn't invalidate my orginial point that the subs had at least a 1,500 mile range, as the distance from Buru to the Arafura sea is 500 miles.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html