Hello?

Started by miketr, March 17, 2007, 04:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miketr

It looks like I have chosen a strange time to make a return to navalism.  From what I have been told via an EZBOARD PM, the sender knows who they are, and looking around here and the old forum something rather nasty happened within the last few weeks.  As a founding member of the old forum I feel very bad about its apparent passing.

I would be interested in being given some info as to what is going on.  By that I am not interested in a blow by blow of whatever the mud slinging was at the other forum.  I wasn't there and it's not my place to judge.  What I am looking for is what's the status of this forums game, rules situation options for new players, ect.

Michael

Borys

Ahoj!
We are ironing out the last wrinkles in the ruleset. P3D is rule's guru now.
Most of previous incarantin's storyline had been retained.
Setting is quasi-earth as can be seen in the Maps thread.
New players can chose from one of two Russia's, one Italy, Bavaria-on-the-Med, one Spain or Iberia, India. The bloke who wanted to play CSA is not showing signs of life for a week or so. If you have an idea for something else which is not very outlandish it might be accomodated.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

P3D

Some of the older players had issues with playstyles of newer members. Van Owen reappeared, and got into argument with players. Also, this coincided with other players leaving/planning to leave the sim for IRL reasons.
Me and Borys started on working on a spin-off, I got to be admin here, and 90% of the old forum gang started appearing here, as everyone had some issues with the old setup. Van Owen learned about it in a few weeks and quite naturally got offended that no one told him about it. Also, accounts and posts of half of the old members got deleted - it turned out to be the initiative of some recently promoted admin without van Owen's consent. As Borys kept archiving the forum so not much was lost, it's just a bit more work, but it burned all the bridges.
FWIW, I settled my differences with van Owen (thanks to the postman).

Economic rules are completely new, shipbuilding itself did not change much, tech tree was overhauled.
There are still several nations available to play, current not landlocked NPCs with some coast are:
Italy, Iberia, Bavaria, Argentina, Persia, Mughal, Vijanagar, Kiev, Russia, Bengal, Nigeria, Malgas, West Australia, Egypt, New Zion - Ethiopia, Siam.

All with a varying level of power and technological advancement.

I am keeping CSA reserved for Carthaginian, he is in touch with me.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

miketr

Alright then...  I will be hanging out at both places for now; as I said I feel bad about what happened at the old forum.  I am going to see about having a chat with Van Owen to see what his plans are.

As this place...  Whats the situation with Iberia (Spain / Portugal) and Egypt.  Consider me interested and looking for more info on them.

Michael

P3D

Iberia was united in personal union under one crown, and Brazil, effectively abandoned by France also joined looking for some protection.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

P3D

And Spain looks like the following:

Pop BP IC  GDP Revenue
Spain      20 4  24 2200 44.00
Portugal    6 1.5 9 2500 15.00
Canarias  0.5 0 0.5 2000 1.00
Puerto Rico 1 0 0.5 1100 1.10
Brazil     20 2 12 1280 25.60
Philippines 6  0 3  1100 6.60
--------------------------------------
Total   53.5 7.5 49 1744 93.30

Add some misc coaling stations on islands.

Borys

Ahoj!
Iberia is practically guarantied to have the Habsburgs as Good Friends.

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

P3D

On Borys' suggestions I'd grant an additional 0.5BP on the Philippines.

Added later. And another 1million people.

Desertfox

And practiclly guaranteed to have the Swiss as enemies!
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Borys

Iberia maybe is not "bery powerful", but still no lightweight:
For comparison this is "me", the Habsburgs:

pop/  BP/    IC/GDP/Revenue

55  10.6 BP  71 IC  $2296 GDP/cap  $126 revenue

53.5  7.5 BP   49 IC    1744  93.30

You should be able to afford a 300,000 navy.

Borys

Bambi must DIE!

miketr

I will try to put my starting tech together tonight.  I am confused on the spending spree, I am going to start with in effect 20 years worth of warships / army?

Michael