Ukraine Battleship

Started by nikitol, June 15, 2007, 03:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korpen

Quote from: nikitol on June 18, 2007, 04:11:49 AM
Bogdan Hmelnitsky, Ukraine Battleship  laid down 1907 (Engine 1909)
An improvemnt imho.
But you have some exess hull strenght to play with, at the moment it is 1,02.
I would recommend, again that you make her a bit shorter, that will give you more hulls strength to play with, greater survivability and, most importantly, better stability.
With a stability of only 1,04 the ship is vulnerable to flooding, or rather, she is at risk of capsizing if she suffer flooding. This is very important if you intend to operate much in costal waters were the risks of mines is great.

And I really think you should make sure that the entire waterline is protected, having 6m unprotected waterline looks bad.

Any saved weight should go into making the main belt deeper, only 3,3m is quite shallow.
As for oil, the Netherlands is always selling... ;)
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

P3D

As for oil, he can get it from across three borders or a sea if I count it right. But coal is plenty in Ukraine, and even the Netherlands could do nothing.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Borys

Ahoj!
Yup, neighbors have oil. There also are some Black Sea coast fields, but I don't know when these were exploited. Coal is indeed aplenty.
The longest sortie would be Sevastopol-Batumi - 400 nautical miles.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Korpen

Quote from: Borys on June 18, 2007, 03:40:00 PM
The longest sortie would be Sevastopol-Batumi - 400 nautical miles.

Borys
Unless he wants to be able to reach the black sea from the baltic or vice-versa.
Also in such a cramped sea, you want to be able to operate at high speed for most of the sortie.

Borys

Quote from: nikitol on June 18, 2007, 04:09:19 AM
Ukraine have no larger than 12' guns. But the ideas of increasing the diametr of 305 mm to 320mm... I'll try to calculate.

You can buy or research such technology.
If you post your budgets from 1906 onwards, that gives you 4 Half Year budgets, so by 1stHY 1908 you will have 60% chance to acquire the tech for 40 calibre lenght 14 inchers.

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Korpen

Quote from: Borys on June 18, 2007, 04:18:37 PM
Quote from: nikitol on June 18, 2007, 04:09:19 AM
Ukraine have no larger than 12' guns. But the ideas of increasing the diametr of 305 mm to 320mm... I'll try to calculate.

You can buy or research such technology.
If you post your budgets from 1906 onwards, that gives you 4 Half Year budgets, so by 1stHY 1908 you will have 60% chance to acquire the tech for 40 calibre lenght 14 inchers.

Borys
If he have Russian tech, then there is no need to aquire the tech, only to design the gun.
And considering the level of Russian tech, it could be a 38cm gun...

Borys

Ahoj!
Russian tech research has been a mess since 1901 ...

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Borys

Ahoj!
OK - me bad.
Nikitol - you have the 1907/1910 Gun tech. Meaning you have 13'5/14 inch guns. My mistake in not assigning it to you at start up. My applologies.
But you still should post the four missing budgets :)

Borys
Bambi must DIE!