Maps

Started by Desertfox, March 01, 2007, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borys

errr ... I think I agree, as long as I get all the towns starting with HA and ending in BURG.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Ithekro

Doing a composite map of the United States and Middle Earth I get roughly the following results.

The United States is probably slightly out of scale, but not enough that it will matter (it should be a tad bit smaller, but then things look even weirder than they do already).

I've not redrawn the borders yet as this is not what the final map will look like.

I might have to scrap the Rocky Mountains in total or at least in places to make this work correctly.

The CSA returns to its old borders (I couldn't get it to fit with that much of California's coastline intact.)  I'll remake California if I find I need to move the rest of Middle Earth north, but as it is some of my population centers are heading into fairly cold climates.

Unfortunately the map I'm using for the United States doesn't go far enough north to get more of Canada and southern Alaska, as I'd like to see just how much the bay in the north is closed off (if it eve touches) Anchorage.

(Yellowstone is still in Mordor which I find interesting.  Mt. Doom doesn't match up exactly, but that would move Middle Earth 50 - 100 miles farther East into North America.)

Borys

Quote from: Ithekro on April 17, 2007, 03:56:20 PM
I'll remake California if I find I need to move the rest of Middle Earth north, but as it is some of my population centers are heading into fairly cold climates.
Ahoj!
An East Pacific warm sea current solves your problems.
I have froliced in the hot sands of Baltic beaches whose North American counterparts are the playgrounds of Polar Bears.

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Ithekro

Slightly more of the North America map to show what is missing and what is in place of what.

The Rock Doctor

Could I get some clarification on French holdings in West Africa?  Is the French holding east of Liberia meant to be just the Ivory Coast, or does it contain other territory?

maddox

East of Liberia is Niger, Mali and Tchaad.

Korpen

A pretty good fit of the real and fantasy land between Australia and Indonesia.
The primary referencepoint was the Darwin peninsula, followed by Java and Timor.
The complicating factor is that the map we got is not true in its angles, and it is different deviations the further one get from Greenwich.
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

Borys

Ahoj!
That peninsula sure messes up with sea lanes ...
Lets call that island to the south of Java and Bali - "Kalimatan".
As Borneo is Brneo, the name is free.

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Korpen

Made a bit batter-looking map of the area, it might not follow the world map to 100% , but there is no major differences.
So can you see from were i have stolen coastline? :)
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

Ithekro

Composite map of parts of the Eastern Indian Ocean.