sniff sniff ... my little boy so grown up ...

Started by Borys, June 14, 2007, 11:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix

You know what the youngest of my feline "kids" did today ? The 10-weeks old kitten ?
I flushed the toilet and little Hrimnir jumped straight in. Head first. Just had the time to grab his hindlegs or he was gone. *SHUDDER*  :o
And now we have a very wet very bedraggled very indignant kitten. Very alive too, fortunately.

Kids, won't they give you grey hairs ?
"Those who dance are often thought mad by those who cannot hear the music."
-- Tao Te Ching

Borys

Hrimnir - is the onomatopeic, or is that Old Norse for "Gut Ripper" or "Eye Gouger" or "Marrow Slurper"?

Quick reflexes you've got!

If me and the mother of my child make up after the latest row, I'll be babysitting my son and his three cats :)

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Phoenix

It means "shrouded in rime" and was the name of a Norse mythological figure, an Ice-Giant who guards the gates of Hèl.

We loved the sound, as our other cats are called Loup-Garou (pronounce as lougarou, means wherewolf in French), Zorro (pronounce as zorro, means fox in Spanish) and Bean Sidhe (pronounce as banshee, means wailing ghost in Gaelic). Cats need a distinct sound to recognise as their name and could get confused if a fellow cat has a similar-sounding name.
(The short versions are by the way Lou-Lou, Zor, Ban-Ban or Bannikins and Rimmi.)
The names we inflict on our children...  ;D
"Those who dance are often thought mad by those who cannot hear the music."
-- Tao Te Ching

Borys

I was to name a daughter, and Ursula a son. So my son ended up as Robert. Ursula doesn't like "germanic" names, so her three children are Konrad, Karolina and Robert ... a little learnng is a dangerous thing, I say ... :)

My daughter - if I ever get to have one - will be Amalaswinta, Astrid or Olga - I LIKE "germanic" names. I'd be tempted by Umtraut and Gudrun - but in Polish girl's names MUST end with an "a", and sticking an "a" to those two would make them lose their charm.

A name immediatealy identifiable as female, due to being well known - Beatrice, Astrid (I suppose), etc. can be bestowed on female babies.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!