sniff sniff ... my little boy so grown up ...

Started by Borys, June 14, 2007, 11:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borys

Ahoj!
Today I was at the kindergarten to witness a goodbey program performed by 6-7 year olds, my son included. In September it will be 1st Grade for Robert. Yet it seems only yesterday that I bottlefed him and changed his nappies ... how he's grown ... sniff ...  he's bigger than a D&D goblin - 4"5' (132cm) and about 70 pounds (c. 30 kg)

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

The Rock Doctor

Just think...in a few years, he'll be in here playing a New Swiss ally, causing his old man all sorts of aggravation...

Borys

Bambi must DIE!

The Rock Doctor

Borys

Ahoj!
Using my meagre understandign of the jargon of the semi-literates I tried to express amusement ...
:)
Borys
Bambi must DIE!

The Rock Doctor

That's reasonable.  My lack of comprehension can be attributed to a similarly meagre understanding.

Desertfox

He, he... *rubs hands* Mwhahaha!!! etc, etc.

I have two younger brothers around that age and I fear the time when they grow up and become an Austrian ally! :o :) ;)
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Borys

Ahoj!
Speking of leet, here is an illustrated, leet speak summary of the Lord of the Rings.
http://www.parma-eruseen.net/stories/tori_aa.html

A must read for Ithekro and Phoenix :)

Borys

Bambi must DIE!

miketr

I know how it feels man, my own childern are 3 and 1 right now.  I have a stack of games I am looking forward to play with them when they get older, like "Great War at Sea", "War at Sea", "Guns of August" and WiF when they get older; my wife thinks I am nuts but they are my childern...  HUHUHU....

Sean the youngest is exploring the house still, and from the noise I think he just found something he shouldn't have later....

Michael

Borys

Ahoj!
The speed of a one year old child on all fours is indeed astonishing ...
Borys
Bambi must DIE!

maddox

Children, it seems they are a bundle of joy and frustration.

I myself am not that interested in having them myself, and my partner atm isn't capable to be pregnant in good health.

But, even if I loath the crawling shitproducing small humanoids, I cannot keep from being friendly to them.

Phoenix

It's still a hard-wired program in any human to want to teach the young ones and nurture them. Of course, some of us are plagued by bugs and the program somehow misfires. ;D
I always though having 6 kids would be sort of cool, but when my eldest brother got some I started having serious doubts. Now my youngest brother has some too, and both my sis-in-law and bro-in-law have one, and this childless woman is absolutely, completely and utterly happy she chose feline kids instead of simian ones. At least the cats won't give you sleepless nights over boyfriends or driving lessons.
That doesn't keep me from going completely into "mother-mode" whenever I spot kids in the vicinity though: I actually adore them little tykes, love to teach them too, and can spoil them rotten because I'm not their mum. ;D ;D ;D
"Those who dance are often thought mad by those who cannot hear the music."
-- Tao Te Ching

Borys

Grandmothers/aunts have certain right to spoil children.
:)
As to the sleepless nights over boyfriends - I don't know how I'd manage with a daughter ...
Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Ithekro

Some people have mentioned to me that it usually is a matter of closeness.  Other people's kids or even other family members kids might not appeal to us, but our own are like gold.  The nature is not suppose to kick in until you have them I suppose.

miketr

Quote from: Borys on June 15, 2007, 10:13:53 AM
Ahoj!
The speed of a one year old child on all fours is indeed astonishing ...
Borys

Worse two...  Sean has been able to walk since just a few weeks before his first birthday and can run to certain extent.

Michael