Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Sachmle

Quote from: Walter on December 04, 2007, 12:04:22 PM
You're not going to close those gaps that exist between the main belt and the end belts?
As in the illustration the front end belt butts up to the main belt and extends all the way to the bow, while the rear end belt butts the main, but only covers as far back as steerage leaving 27ft of practically empty, double hull aft section unarmored. Nothing in this time frame was even close to "perfect" and this is just another example of that.  The aft belt should cover the rudder machine room and the shaft room, after that it's just stowage anyway.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Ithekro

So your stern is covered only by your deck armor then.  Seems normal.  Though SS2 has a hard time with that I guess.  No knowledge on if SS3 makes armor choices like that possible.

Carthaginian

Quote from: Ithekro on December 05, 2007, 02:27:21 AM
So your stern is covered only by your deck armor then.  Seems normal.  Though SS2 has a hard time with that I guess.  No knowledge on if SS3 makes armor choices like that possible.

Very much so- you can vary the coverage directly over the fo'c'sle and stern.
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.